Do you want to get a "Taste Of Racing"??

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Want to take your FZ on the race track??

Did you know there was Motorcycle Racing in Mission BC?

The Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club is alive and well in BC, and we would like to see your FZ on our track.

I know most of you don't consider your FZ a race bike and that is perfectly fine, but it doesn't mean you can't take it out and have some fun with it.

Our next event is June 20th, yes it's a Monday, sorry, we don't get to pick our dates. But here's the great part, for a $10 admission fee and a $10 Taste of Racing fee, you can take your FZ, or any other street bike on our race track at lunch. NO RACE LICENSE REQUIRED.

This offer is good Monday August 1st as well

Here's how it works...

You need:
- a valid motorcycle license
- full face helmet
- riding jacket, leather or textile (full leathers preferred, but not required)
- riding gloves that cover your wrist
- boots that cover your ankles

You need a motorcycle with:
- good tires
- working/good brakes
- a throttle that springs shut when released
- no leaks, or mechanical problems.

That's it, no safety wire, no removing lights, no bike prep at all.

I am one of the control riders for WMRC and if we get enough interest here, I will lead you on my FZ6.

You will meet at lunch near our tech shack (west end of the pits) there will be a brief orientation, tech inspection and you must pay and sign the release waiver. We will organize groups based on number of riders, bikes and skill level. I will then lead you around the racetrack at a safe pace, but I will go as fast as the group is comfortable.

So for $20 investment you get a great day of racing, a stunt show at lunch, and you can take your bike on our race track. It doesn't get any easier than this.

Questions???

Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll sweeten the deal... if some one here wants to organize a group ride, and send me a list of names, I will give the group (must arrive together and on motorcycles) 50% at the gate. That means if there is a FZ6 forum group ride and you let me know at least 24 hours in advance, everyone on the group ride gets in for $5.

TOR is not required to get in for $5, but you can combine these offers. So if you meet up in a group and you personally decide to do the Taste Of Racing, it will only cost you $15.

Feel free to reply or PM with any questions.

Jayson

Reaction score
Visit site
Reminder Bump!!!

And some new info, Monday June 20th and Monday August 1st we are offering the Taste Of Racing for only $10.

Come out and get your FZ some track time!!! :BLAA:

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Can't make it tomorrow..just read this thread now! I have circled the 1st of August though. I'll check back here for any updates!! Looking forward to this!!!
Have fun!!

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
This would be awesome! But I've missed both dates, and will be home to Abby for only 3 weeks this summer (last 2 weeks of Aug and first of sept).

Any more dates in late Aug?