Dis' my man Helio...

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No riding for me this past weekend, instead attended the qualifying rounds of the Edmonton Indy on Saturday, then came back for the race yesterday.

I'm not much of an Indy race fan, but when Helio comes to town, he's my man.

Finishing 1st in the 95 lap race only to be penalized for blocking and placing 10th. :eek:

Yah, he blocked his teammate Will Power causing Power, who could've finished 2nd, dropped him back to 3rd while Scott Dixon sqeezed past him while the teammates battled. :shakehead:

So with Helio crossing the finish first, add the penalty, put Scott Dixon in first place for the win. Those darn Aussies, anyway! ;)

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeez, the Aussies and Kiwis are doing great, hey?

Go Australia :aus:

Nice Karen, I thought you'd get a kick out of this sad day for me. ;)

Just to add salt to the wound, Ryan Briscoe is Aussie too, and he finished 4th. That's three Aussies in the top four. What do you people put in your water?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Karen, I thought you'd get a kick out of this sad day for me. ;)

Just to add salt to the wound, Ryan Briscoe is Aussie too, and he finished 4th. That's three Aussies in the top four. What do you people put in your water?

:spank: shame on you.

Scott Dixon is from New Zealand.

That's like saying Wayne Gretzky was born in California :eek:

;)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to do the Indy in Portland for 20 years. Now no more Indy racing. I always had great seats and chalet passes. :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:
Did I mention free beer and food in the chalet. I really miss those days. I've taken pictures of Emerson Fitapaldy, Mario Andretti, Nigel Mansel to name a few. I'm kind of dating myself. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.