agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are people still recommending these?

I'm looking at buying a pair of the SS ones.

How long do they last before a repack?
Any other issues?

The look and sound of these bolt on cans is great.
I too have wondered about re packing- but I have never found a "how to" or any info regarding the kilometers/miles as to when it might be due.

I run the baffles as I want to knock a bit of sound when I commute. I have also tried a few options with glass pack stuffed into the baffle to no effect and then wrapped around the baffle. tis has worked a bit. sosmeone else welded a collar onto the baffle to force exhaust gases thru the full baffle before exiting the cans and said it helped. The cans themselves have a riveted strap on each end. Its most likely that the end closest to the motor can be undone for re-packing.
If anyone knows of a set of instructions, I for one, would be most grateful

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
The look and sound of these bolt on cans is great.
I too have wondered about re packing- but I have never found a "how to" or any info regarding the kilometers/miles as to when it might be due.

I run the baffles as I want to knock a bit of sound when I commute. I have also tried a few options with glass pack stuffed into the baffle to no effect and then wrapped around the baffle. tis has worked a bit. sosmeone else welded a collar onto the baffle to force exhaust gases thru the full baffle before exiting the cans and said it helped. The cans themselves have a riveted strap on each end. Its most likely that the end closest to the motor can be undone for re-packing.
If anyone knows of a set of instructions, I for one, would be most grateful

Got the pipes today. Any heads up or anything I should be thinking about when installing?

Also do I apply the sealant after the muffler is mounted or do I apply it before I slip it on to the Y pipe/muffler intake?

sjKYAva.jpg

94DFib6.jpg

When mounting the can on the right it doesn't have quite enough clearance to mount properly, any suggestions?

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They are a re tight fit. I found by setting it all up but with nothing really tightened I could see how to jiggle the cans into place. there is only 1`mm clearance between the bracket and the can. I aslo found this made it easier to work out how to get at all the nuts and bolts once the pods and grag rail go back on. There is a little rubber flange or flap that sits above the new bracket. you can trim a little off it so whn you replace the seat it sits ok.
I also found that after 1000k or so some of the bolts had loostened off a little so be minful of that- check after a few weeks riding
I didnt bother with any sealant, makes it easier to disassemble and the leakage is almost non existent
hope this helps- any more q's just ask I'll try and respond asap- just at work at the mo.

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
They are a re tight fit. I found by setting it all up but with nothing really tightened I could see how to jiggle the cans into place. there is only 1`mm clearance between the bracket and the can. I aslo found this made it easier to work out how to get at all the nuts and bolts once the pods and grag rail go back on. There is a little rubber flange or flap that sits above the new bracket. you can trim a little off it so whn you replace the seat it sits ok.
I also found that after 1000k or so some of the bolts had loostened off a little so be minful of that- check after a few weeks riding
I didnt bother with any sealant, makes it easier to disassemble and the leakage is almost non existent
hope this helps- any more q's just ask I'll try and respond asap- just at work at the mo.

Got them in there. Didn't trim the rubber flang, not sure which one you are talking about. I have the baffles in atm and after riding for a while my ears start ringing.

Considering removing the baffle if the pitch is lowered in high rpms. Sounds decent though and people see you/hear you before it's an issue. Wakes a lot of people up from their cellphone daze.

I don't thing the metal pieces that hold the mufflers are wrapped around tight and wondering if you did anything about this to reduce possbile rattle noise?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ill take some pocs in the morning and try to show what i trimmed on the rubber flange/ flap and you should have a rubberised strip that fits onto the clamps that go around each can

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
Ill take some pocs in the morning and try to show what i trimmed on the rubber flange/ flap and you should have a rubberised strip that fits onto the clamps that go around each can

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Cool, do you know if the baffles can be removed without unmounting the mufflers?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry I didnt get to pull the seat for taking pics but i saw that you had the strap with the rubber on the cans. You have to take the cans off to remove/swap out the baffles

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys

I just picked up the Delkevic exhaust for my 2007 and I have a couple of questions. I'm finding that the noise level is just a bit higher than I'd like (never thought I'd say that). The tone of the exhaust cruising down the highway at bout 60-62 mph is a little piercing. It's hard to describe, but I'd just like to tone it down slightly. I'm currently running the bike with stock programming, and with a cat delete pipe installed.

Has anyone tried this exhaust with both the cat pipe installed, and then removed? If so, can you tell me how much of a difference the cat pipe makes? I'm thinking of re-installing my cat pipe if it will help the sound even slightly. With stock programming I've also lost power by removing the pipe and installing the Delkevic cans. I'm curious if anyone else has played around a bit to find the best combination.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Josh

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
I had some extra time this evening, so I decided to re- install my stock mid-pipe with catalytic converter. It definitely quieted the exhaust down a bit, and took away some of what I'd call the "fart can" harshness. The bike seemed to respond better as well, likely from the increased back pressure. I'd definitely recommend using the stock mid-pipe with the Delkevic exhaust.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just about to do a re-pack with stainless steel material and a rewrap of that with ceramic coated stanless steel.
I had dialogue with Delkovic in the UK and the kit was too much for my hip pocket! so I am not using stainless steel rivets on my rebuild! I figure the ally one will do 5000 kms before I need to look at doing the next repack.
I'll keep youu posted on the sound level issue.
I have noticed that the level has increased over the lastr 3 months or so. I don't care that much but the po po might, so time to do a bit of 'xhaust work!

Just re reading previous possts in this thread
I didnt do anything about the loose strap and I have no rattle issue the only thing I notice is that peds notice me when I go by!!! only hope that cagers do the same!!!!

I tried packing the baffle with glass- had little effect- then packed the outer of the baffe before re-installing- helped a bit but I think the DELKS are just loud cans- I was a bit concernerd at first but now I wear ear plugs almost every time I ride and I will re-pack because DElkovik UK reccomend it. they are considered a "race" can and the glass gets full of carbon???? go figure????

Last edited:

TheMicahLay

Just Another Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the link in post #46, I think I'll be doing that soon. I love the sound of these cans, but even at highway speed with all the wind noise I still get that piercing ringing in my ears from them.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My stanless steelwool arrived in the mail today and two packs of ceramic glass weave. Has anyone done a re pack and got any tips?
I heard the stainless steel rivets are a big pain to drill out so I Think I'll grind them off and punch the remains in and then get rid of the debris once the can is apart. I am going to use ally rivets- the only ones opf the right size I could lay my habds on.
I wonty start this until I have set up a proper vice to hold the cans and have enough time to do the job without rushing, it should only take a few hours but I want to have everything at hand. If the worst comes to the worst I can always go back stock

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Well....I got the exhaust installed with my Givi rack. :thumbup: There was BARELY any clearance at the bottom of the cans where the included bracket comes down between the cans to make an upside down T and mounting place for the license plate fender. The included bracket lines up nicely though, where the bottom portion of the "half circle" Givi brackets need to bolt to. I ended up putting a small piece of radiator style hose between the metal bracket and each can so that they don't have a chance to get scratched. It appears to be working good so far. The exhaust sure does sound great. Such an improvement over stock (I had even drilled my stock exhaust and wasn't digging the outcome). I decided to try the exhaust with the baffles in. It sounds like a completely different machine now. I haven't yet seen the need for earplugs, but I've only ridden about 150 miles so far. I also use a Sena to listen to music during my commute, so maybe I don't notice it as much.

I also installed a FAZR6 fender eliminator kit at the same time. I think they look good together.

I haven't had a chance to take any close up pics of the finished product. I will try to in the coming days. Thanks to those that provided input!

I did the exact same thing last year when I installed. took a while to get the pipes attached in such a way as to make them completely solid any not movable. the rubber spacer between the clamp and the exhaust was the trick. If your looking for an exhaust and dont mind the need to re-pack them every once-n-a moon, I would definitely recommend. AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY IN THIS WORLD, DON'T REMOVE THE BAFFLES! Race only?! my bike was one of the loudest on the track WITH the baffles! I do love the sound tho :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190105_201607_01.jpg
    IMG_20190105_201607_01.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20190105_201607_02.jpg
    IMG_20190105_201607_02.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20190821-075948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190821-075948_Chrome.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20190821-080026_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190821-080026_Chrome.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 24

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
My stanless steelwool arrived in the mail today and two packs of ceramic glass weave. Has anyone done a re pack and got any tips?
I heard the stainless steel rivets are a big pain to drill out so I Think I'll grind them off and punch the remains in and then get rid of the debris once the can is apart. I am going to use ally rivets- the only ones opf the right size I could lay my habds on.
I wonty start this until I have set up a proper vice to hold the cans and have enough time to do the job without rushing, it should only take a few hours but I want to have everything at hand. If the worst comes to the worst I can always go back stock

Link to where you bought the replacement packing? also... Pics to the job? :) I will be doing this someday and I am sure we all will.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day,
I bought the packing from Webike Japan, just looked for exhaust packing. Comes in a weve like fibreglass and also stainless steel wool.
When I opend the can I just drilled out the rivet- doidnt need to grind it. I bought a bunch of drill bits thinking it would blunt them fast, but it was a doddle.
When I had the can open I realised I dodn't need to re pack- it was a little scorched but very intact.
I ended up stuffing the baffle with the s/steel wool and wrapping the glass weave around the baffle to muffle he loaud bark and warble when you back off- more to keep the neighbors happy and the boys in blue to not notice me.

I might have some pic somewhere I"ll need to do a search- If I find any I'll add to this post

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a set of these myself... $330 shipped. So looking forward to getting them installed next week. I have been considering a new bike, but decided to liven up the Fazer for a few hundred dollars vs. 10K on a bike that may only be marginally better for my purposes. Will post pics.