Cortech Super 2.0 Soft Bags -- Straight vs. Contoured

TxAg2015

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at getting some soft saddle bags for a long trip on the FZ6. I had some Sedici bags on my old Ninja 500, but they're pretty much disintegrated by now. I've heard good things about the Cortech bags and I think they'd fit my needs nicely. My question is which one will work best with the FZ6's tail section. I'd prefer the standard model as it offers more space, but maybe I have to go with the contoured model to keep these from flapping around and touching stuff they shouldn't be (exhaust, tire?). Has anyone tried either model on the FZ6 or have any input either way?

Thanks.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't really help re: Cortech - or frankly, any bags from my personal experience. However, the person that I bought my fz6 from used these Ortlieb soft-bags, seen here - https://www.ortlieb.com/wp-content/themes/ortlieb-theme/pdf/anleit/moto-speedbag.pdf - and reportedly did several long trips, including the tail of the dragon and I think Florida. I have the bags, have not used them, but they are not specially shaped per se. Bike also has a Givi monokey topcase, and an additional rail that seems an add-on to it, that the bags went outside of (and thus were kept away from the muffler).

Good luck.

IMG_20151116_090830346.jpg

Last edited: