Clock and Trips Reset when engine is turn off

Missscorps

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

New to the site! :)

I have a Yamaha FZ6 2007 that I bought 3 years ago and I absolutely love it!!

I recently (this season) have run into an issue with my trips and clock resetting everytime I turn off my engine, so it is always 1:00 when I ride hahaha!

It is quite annoying and I can't seem to find the reason for it, I recently changed my battery (it needed to be changed) and thought that was the issue, but it remains the same.

Anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I would like to try and solve this rather than bringing it to my garage if it is something simple I can fix myself.

Thanks for your help!
Ride Safe!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure the RED plastic cover over the positive terminal is NOT IN-BETWEEN the battery and the cable.

The re-set is normal for dis-connecting the battery.

**Did the issue pop up BEFORE the new battery, or after?***

Also, check voltages at the battery when cranking over. If the voltage is super low, it can re-set the clock/meter. (I know the battery is new).

Also check grounds.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a fuse called the "back up". This fuse provides constant voltage (very low current) from battery to keep the clock and other functions in the instrument cluster active. The wire color code should be red with a green tracer. This wire should show +12 vdc at all times.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff you are a true treasure to this site and riders in general.
I recently met a young guy who knows this site and has joined but I can't find him on line.....
Anyway when I talked about the site he mentioned "this great dude" who's icon is a monkey with a stick. I burst out laughing in my helmet and said CLIIFFFFF!!!- he's the man!

Your knowledge and fame is widespread- we love you man- you are gold!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so much Ade. I really like our forum and it has a unique character as well as representing a great great bike. We have other members that have dedicated tremendous energy, knowledge and time.

Over the years I have made so many good friends here and I have never met many of them!

Additionally the forum has taught me so much about others as well as myself, We live in an interesting and new frontier that has changed the world.

That monkey is video me and my bro's when my mom would lock us out of the house. I love all my friends here! You are the best! Go Safe! :)

ps: I still use that stick to figure out electrical stuff...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the hijacking! Any luck on checking the fuse?
[MENTION=15723]agf[/MENTION] Ade do you know your mate's handle on the forum?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey Cliff, I see him in traffic about once every three weeks. Last time we talked he couldn't recall is log on last time we were on the same road I saw him as I hit the indicators to turn up my street- I'l catch him int the next few weeks and have a chat