Buzzing prominent on right side

Cra1g

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2007 FZ6 produces a decent amount of vibration/buzzing from idle to redline. It's not THAT bad and some ranges are worse than others, but the big thing is that the buzzing is more prominent in the right handgrip and right foot peg. What would make it buzz more on one side than the other?

I've changed all the fluids, new spark plugs (and checked the spark plug caps/wires), new air filter, replaced the chain and both sprockets, new tires, and double-checked the chain slack and alignment. Haven't done a throttle body sync yet, but not sure if that would even help my specific situation?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The sync would help, especially at 4K and below.. With the sync off, I definitly get more vibs at around 4k

I've found it best to sync at both idle and at 4K. I have mine within 2mm's, Yamaha allows for up to 10mm's.

Might want to check valve lash, engine mount torque on all engine mounts, also loosen and re-tighten all exhaust mounting bolts. You want to make sure the exhaust system is "relaxed" (not forced if you would).

BTW, I use Grip Puppies installed over the grips and had the seat re-done. Most of my previous vibs was thru the right side of the seat- so yours is not un-usual..

Sync after last valve adjustment: