Buying from UK - Postage costs

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
I buy allot of my gear and parts from ebay and other online shops that are mainly in the uk. Sometimes the postage brings the price up so much that I might as well buy it in one of the stores here. I started using parcel motel. Parcel Motel - let your parcel do the waiting® when you sign up they give you your first three items for free after that its €3.50 per item.

I have used them a good few times and they are spot on, also I love the fact that I can go and pick up the parcel when it suits me day or night.

Parcel Motel - let your parcel do the waiting®

Parcel Motel is a whole new way to manage your online shopping deliveries. Each Parcel Motel contains 80 secure lockers of varying sizes. They are all located in convenient places such as petrol station forecourts with 24-hour access 7 days a week. To find out where your nearest one is click here.
No more waiting around or missed delivery notices telling you to pick up your parcel during the exact same hours that you’re at work. And no more worrying about memos from your boss on the subject of receiving personal deliveries at work!
Now you can have your parcels sent directly to your nearest Parcel Motel ready for collection, at a time that suits you.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I buy allot of my gear and parts from ebay and other online shops that are mainly in the uk. Sometimes the postage brings the price up so much that I might as well buy it in one of the stores here. I started using parcel motel. Parcel Motel - let your parcel do the waiting® when you sign up they give you your first three items for free after that its €3.50 per item.

I have used them a good few times and they are spot on, also I love the fact that I can go and pick up the parcel when it suits me day or night.

Parcel Motel - let your parcel do the waiting®
What an excellent idea, how do you use it via e-bay? I find that often people add stupidly inflated postage prices to boost the item price.

Neil

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
What an excellent idea, how do you use it via e-bay? I find that often people add stupidly inflated postage prices to boost the item price.

Neil

Its not a part of ebay, its sub company of parcel line i think. They give you an account number and you add a new address in ebay, i send it to their Belfast depot. You have to make sure you put your PMID (Parcel Motel ID) and their address instead of your's. Once they receive the item at the depot they scan your PMID and find out where you want it send it to. Have a look at their website it explains it all, if you need to you can call them they are really helpful, so far my experience has been good.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not a part of ebay, its sub company of parcel line i think. They give you an account number and you add a new address in ebay, i send it to their Belfast depot. You have to make sure you put your PMID (Parcel Motel ID) and their address instead of your's. Once they receive the item at the depot they scan your PMID and find out where you want it send it to. Have a look at their website it explains it all, if you need to you can call them they are really helpful, so far my experience has been good.
Yeah , I had a good look at their website, my nearest drop is in Mullingar so not to bad at all.
I will definitely use them in the future, thanks.

Neil

spuddy01

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a great service especially for ebay & amazon marketplace sellers that usually look for alot to ship to Ireland.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, Can you tell me if you get charged extra if you miss the pick up. It looks like there is a 24° Window to collect from a secure drop site. I'll be using Mullingar.

Neil

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

spuddy01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Nelly just found this on the site hope it helps.

What if I cannot get to the Parcel Motel within 24 hours?

One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, you will be charged €3.50 for each additional 48 hours or part thereof.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers mate,
Guess what, just read in the Tullamore Tribune today that we are getting a Parcel Motel in Tullamore. I am delighted, as I work in Tullamore. I can get my bits and bobs without any problem caused by me working shifts and possible delays.
Now where is the debit card:spank:

Neil

Wonda3oy

Reaction score
Visit site
Best thing to happen in ages the parcel motel...delivery to Ireland from the Uk can be madness. Delivery to the NORTH or Ireland half the price :eek:

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
ive also used this service a good few times now brilliant idea , i cant fault this service at all its a real money saver and genius idea from nightline :thumbup:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having a few issues getting some vendors in the UK to use Parcel motel. What do you guys do to address this? It's usually the vendors who want stupid postage costs.
Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk