bridgestone BT-002RS

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
i want to write a little review on these tires since they are new to the market.
im no expert so this is purely just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

okay first of all i want to clear up some confusion. bridgestone has had a DOT race tire out for a while now called the BT002. the BT-002RS are not the same. they are Z rated and marketed as a hypersprt tire for street and trackday use. with their dual compound design they are similar to the Pirelli Corsa III and the Michelin 2ct, except bridgestone choose the front for the dual compound. so far ive done two trackdays and about 2,700 street miles. the rear is done, which is typical for me.

the first time i rode on them was at a race track. i dont know if was the surface or the tire as it was my first time doing a trackday but i fell in love with them. i had emailed a bridgestone rep and was told to start at 31psi front and 30psi rear. since it was only 80 degrees out i decided to try 28/29. that worked great and they wore great from what i could tell.
on the street they seemed mediocre compared.
my second trackday was a bit different. i had about 1,000 miles on them at the time and the ambient temp was about 98 degrees. this time i opted for 31/30 as suggested intially. i never did find the confidance that day with these tires. they just didnt have the feedback like before and by the end of the day were slipping and sliding even at a laid back pace. on my part i didnt try to adjust or even check the temp at any point in the day to see if they were getting too hot. but i dont think that would have made much of a difference as i wasn't the only one running them that day, all with the same complaints.
the little bit of twisties ive done with them lately have been even more dismal. they dont seem to have much grip at all. i dont know if they have just got hard with heat cycles or what.
for me, on the street i will stick with sport-touring tires or regualr street tires that are a little easier on the pocket book, for the track i guess its time to take the plunge a go with some DOT race tires just to have the headroom.
im thinking supercorsa's!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting...I generally run 31/30 cold at the track.

DRAGON SUPERCORSA PRO will be my next track tire for sure. I know a lot of people that run them at the track. I have a friend who drags elbow (awesome pics) with them so that will tell you something....yes, he uses slicks on race day.
________
WEED BUBBLERS

Last edited:

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
the dragon supercorsa pros are a street tire....you know that right? are they cheaper or something?
different tires have different carcasses. michelins for instance are pretty soft, bridgestone are the opposite. really you're supposed to go by the % gained from cold to hot to measure for yourself. track surface and ambient temps play a big role too. if you're on a smooth track and its 70 degrees they wont build the heat they would at a rough track in 90's.

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
"Street" tire yeah but I doubt I'd run them on the street; they come in different compounds. If you can run 1:15s at BHF and drag elbow on them they've got to be pretty good, no? They are cheaper too. You were talking about the DIABLO SUPERCORSA, right? Now those are some sick tires....

I don't really know the ins and outs of tire pressure...got any good online sources?
________
Avandia Lawsuit

Last edited:

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
no not off hand, this is just info from what a racer buddy was telling me a while back (actually he own a little bike shop down the road). it makes sense though because you can take out all kinds of variables. the only ambiguity is the % gain i think.
yeah the diablo supercorsas i can get as take-offs from a friend of a friend that has way too much money. he uses them for an average of an 8 lap sprint race then sells them for $100. :)
im sure the dragons are great, but the diablos are even better :thumbup:
but if i cant get the take-offs and the dragons are much cheaper i may just go with them too.

Last edited: