Battery - Adding More Electrical Connectors

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Is there an adapter to assist in adding additional connectors to the battery terminals?

I find that I cant add more than two devices to the battery terminal (heated gear, tender, usb charger) as the terminal screws are too short and its a pain to get to.

Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have a faired bike, I installed a Marine grade "distribution block" I bought at West Marine. Its simply two strips, one side positive, one negative.

Its Velcroed (commercial grade) on the inner fairing and is wired DIRECT to the battery (with several layers of insulation over the wires). Everything off of that is fused from there. .

You can see the very heavy line on the right side from the battery. Each line is labeled and every fuse IS accessible just looking under the black inner fairing...

(The large loop of wire zip tied together in the top left corner is the Garmin 590 GPS, 6', "Octopus" harness)

Last edited:

linus

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks payneib, Motogiro. A voltmeter and a power distribution block is what I got from that article. I will research the alternator output on the 07 FZ6 next to determine the load.

Townsend thanks for the pic, makes it easier to visualize.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably should have added earlier, depending on your needs/wants.

For me, the only thing I wanted "switched" is the GPS. The line for that is tied into the front right running light to come on and off with the ignition.

The BMW outlet, I wanted hot all the time, (mostly so I can use the battery charger thru the port-which you CAN'T DO if a relay is installed).

The Steble horn won't activate unless the regular horn wires triggers it.

For my set up, no relays, very simply, takes little room.

NOTE, there are numerous power blocks / switches out there that do both switch and non-switched in ONE unit with a built in relay. A bit neater install, no loose relays, etc...