Bar end mirror suggestions

brufz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went naked! I took off the front fairing and put on a FZ1N headlight. Can anyone suggest what mirrors, bar end or any other to put on? Any input would be much appreciated. I am working on getting pics on the site but it is raining in PA.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, brufz6, congratulations! I hope you love your conversion as much as I'm loving mine!

You can go a few different routes with mirrors. You can add ones to the handlebars using a clamp that is threaded so the mirrors will attach to them. You can also go the bar end mirror route (like I did).

I chose CRG Hindsight LS mirrors that can be folded in when the bike is stored or when you're in a tight spot. CRG also makes the Hindsight mirror and the only difference between those and the LS model is the folding hinge. With these, you'll need to either buy the CRG bar ends that are the requisite 7/8" diameter so the mirrors can clamp to them, aftermarket bar ends that have a channel for the mirror to clamp to (the route I took), have your stock bar ends milled down to 7/8" (the "channel" needs to be at least 3/8" wide for the clamp), or move your controls inward so you can clamp the mirrors directly to the bars.

Another option is Rizoma mirrors. They also clamp to the bar ends, but they can clamp to a much bigger bar end (it doesn't have to be 7/8" diameter). BUT, you'll need bar ends that are straight and not tapered like the stock FZ6 bar ends.

To give you an idea:

My CRG Hindsight LS mirrors clamped to the aftermarket RhinoMoto bar ends specifically made for them:

photo35.jpg

photo36.jpg

And a version of the Rizoma mirrors I was referring to:

BS070Bx.jpg

Now, top of the line mirrors AREN'T cheap. My CRG's were about $146 shipped from a vendor on eBay and the RhinoMoto bar ends were another $60. But I wanted to do it right (in my own eyes), so I went for the best. Others have tried a "knockoff" version of the CRG mirrors that you'll see on eBay and say they're great and they are much cheaper, so that might be an idea.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the rizomas. They look really hot, especially with some 40gm bar ends and sportline grips.

Congrats on going naked.

It's the only way to ride ;)

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, brufz6, congratulations! I hope you love your conversion as much as I'm loving mine!

You can go a few different routes with mirrors. You can add ones to the handlebars using a clamp that is threaded so the mirrors will attach to them. You can also go the bar end mirror route (like I did).

I chose CRG Hindsight LS mirrors that can be folded in when the bike is stored or when you're in a tight spot. CRG also makes the Hindsight mirror and the only difference between those and the LS model is the folding hinge. With these, you'll need to either buy the CRG bar ends that are the requisite 7/8" diameter so the mirrors can clamp to them, aftermarket bar ends that have a channel for the mirror to clamp to (the route I took), have your stock bar ends milled down to 7/8" (the "channel" needs to be at least 3/8" wide for the clamp), or move your controls inward so you can clamp the mirrors directly to the bars.

Another option is Rizoma mirrors. They also clamp to the bar ends, but they can clamp to a much bigger bar end (it doesn't have to be 7/8" diameter). BUT, you'll need bar ends that are straight and not tapered like the stock FZ6 bar ends.

To give you an idea:

My CRG Hindsight LS mirrors clamped to the aftermarket RhinoMoto bar ends specifically made for them:

photo35.jpg

photo36.jpg

And a version of the Rizoma mirrors I was referring to:

BS070Bx.jpg

Now, top of the line mirrors AREN'T cheap. My CRG's were about $146 shipped from a vendor on eBay and the RhinoMoto bar ends were another $60. But I wanted to do it right (in my own eyes), so I went for the best. Others have tried a "knockoff" version of the CRG mirrors that you'll see on eBay and say they're great and they are much cheaper, so that might be an idea.

do you have pics of your bike from a distance. the crg's are the mirrors im looking into but cant find a good pic of them. I wanna make sure i like them.

'05FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to threadjack, but I need a little information on mirrors too...

Since I'm going naked I need aftermarket mirrors. I know I can go bar end or clamp on style. So far I'm convinced that I want to go with the clamp o style...

Does anyone know what size bar we have?

Is there anything specific that I should look for when getting mirrors (aside from getting a minimum of 3" diameter mirrors and not getting the cheap-o stuff?

If I decide that I want bar end mirrors what kind of adapter do I need to look for? Can I use my stock bar ends or do I need to replace those as well?

Thanks in advance!

wangt86

Reaction score
Visit site
Outside diameter are 7/8 inches. From other forums I've read some of the "cheapo ebay" bar end mirrors are not too bad.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to threadjack, but I need a little information on mirrors too...

Since I'm going naked I need aftermarket mirrors. I know I can go bar end or clamp on style. So far I'm convinced that I want to go with the clamp o style...

Does anyone know what size bar we have?

Is there anything specific that I should look for when getting mirrors (aside from getting a minimum of 3" diameter mirrors and not getting the cheap-o stuff?

If I decide that I want bar end mirrors what kind of adapter do I need to look for? Can I use my stock bar ends or do I need to replace those as well?

Thanks in advance!

I know you said minimum 3" but I love the look on my 2" CRGs. Kind of hard to see with them sometimes but I turn my head alot anyway. Some good pics on the conversion thread. I just moved the grips inboard on the handlebar about 3/4" and they fit quite well on the inner part of the stock bar ends.:thumbup:

TeacherJoe

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got bar end mirrors. $60 house brand from Cycle Gear. I removed the bar ends and used the expanding internal clamp. How bad is it to run without the bar ends? Do I need to replace them, or move the controls in?

Joe

ps - the mirrors are great.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been running my bar end mirrors with the expanding collar attachment, and it's not terrible. I can still see behind me fairly well, actually better than the stock mirrors. However, there is a fair amount of vibration in the handlebars, and I'm thinking about cutting my grips down a few cms so that I can mount the mirrors directly to the bars, and put my bar ends back on.

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got bar end mirrors. $60 house brand from Cycle Gear. I removed the bar ends and used the expanding internal clamp. How bad is it to run without the bar ends? Do I need to replace them, or move the controls in?

Joe

ps - the mirrors are great.

I've got Drag bars and single bar end mirror and no bar weights.
One of these £19.99 from Demon Tweeks-

mot_micro-b-end-mir-blk.jpg

It has absolutely no effect on the handling at any speed.
(My point of view,others may vary :D)

Last edited:

wh1t3y

Reaction score
Visit site
Halfords £8.99 moutain bike mirrors work a treat and look pretty good i think. They are solid and dont move at all at speed.
11.jpg

12.jpg

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
For $73 you can get a set of Napoleon mirrors. Napoleon Bar End Mirror, Baren Mirror, in stock at Motostrano.com Those mirrors have better vibration control than stock mirrors. They have the ability to fold inward (left and right) and up and down.

I don't have a lot of good pictures, but here a few that I do have.

2010-03-28182441.jpg

Not to thread jack.....
Your awefully short, How do you touch the ground? :)

I really like your bike...where did you pick up that headlight? and how bright are the lights?
also, what year is that bike?? How did you mount the speedo?

thanks