Back from a 2-day, 500 mile, all back roads trip to Maine

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow what a special one this was! This was our 1st time going to Maine so we wanted to make the most of it. We left at 8am Saturday and rode 5 hours straight to get to Portland. Consumed copious quantities of lobster rolls. Checked into our hotel and then uber'd back to town center for some exploring and brewery/bar hopping (Portland is a VERY cool town!). Stayed out till about 10 (I was so tired at that point I coulda taken a nap on a sidewalk! lol)
Headed out at 8 next morning to one of the local breakfast places, followed by more exploring (did I mention Portland is a very cool town? :) ) and a 90 minute ride to one of the several Portland peninsulas with yet another lobster roll shack at the very tip of it. From there, it was a 6 hour ride home which included THE most amazing mountain pass I've ever seen/ridden.. 73 miles of astonishing views and curves, curves, curves! We were too tired to stop, so no pictures from the pass, but we'll definitely be going back there!

V-Strom was a good choice for this trip. Just gonna have to do something about the stock seat. It's not terrible, but I know it can be a lot better.

Here are some trip pics, in no particular order

a.JPG

b.JPG

c.JPG

d.JPG

e.JPG

f.JPG

g.JPG

h.JPG

i.JPG

j.JPG

k.JPG

l.JPG

m.JPG

n.JPG

o.JPG

p.JPG

q.JPG

r.JPG

s.JPG

t.JPG

u.JPG

v.JPG

w.jpg

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing. If you really want elevation, head out west!
Elevation is relative to the height of the starting point :D

But yes.. I definitely want to spend some time riding on west coast .. and maybe Europe :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful pictures! I have some history in Maine. Did some clam digging on Cousins Island just north of Portland. Awesome clam bake! Amazing place!

Thank you for sharing the trip with us! :rockon: