Arizona Fizzers

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking to get back to my home in Arizona. I grew up there but left for the Seattle area for school in 2003 and then got a job up here. That was before my riding days though (which started this last December...haha).

My question for all of you is how is the riding in Arizona? I can only dream of going on daytrips across the state and seeing the diverse terrain... Do you all ride in the summer or put them away until it gets cooler? I always notice it's way more popular down there for people to be riding without helmets and gear, but that's definitely not my thing.

I hope I'll be able to join you soon.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, good to hear you're movin back, we need more FZ6 riders! What city are you moving to?

The riding here isn't too bad, but to get to any fun roads you've gotta get outta the city a bit. I love riding up to flagstaff though, during the summer the weather is great, but I'm coming from the Tempe/Phoenix area. In the valley I mostly ride only at night since the last few years it's been up to 115 - 120 during the day. The wind feels like hot sand hitting you in the chest, not to mention the temperature inside your gear. Haha, I've got my car with some good ol' AC for that time of the day. haha

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! I'm not sure yet, I have family in Scottsdale and Mesa. It probably depends on where I can find a job. Anywhere in the metro area and possibly Flagstaff. I'd kind of prefer to stay away from Tucson though... I can't wait.

jjjjime

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, if you ever meet up or go for a ride, let me know! I'm in the Gilbert area, looking for some riding buddies

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! I'm not sure yet, I have family in Scottsdale and Mesa. It probably depends on where I can find a job. Anywhere in the metro area and possibly Flagstaff. I'd kind of prefer to stay away from Tucson though... I can't wait.

I understand, I've got family in Scottsdale and Mesa too, lived in both, but now I live in Tempe, and I love it. Then again, I am a college student, so it makes sense. haha, I love flagstaff, but I can't deal with the winters there, and it gets kinda boring after a while. Not a whole lot to do up there. Agreed though, Tucson blows. haha

Hey guys, if you ever meet up or go for a ride, let me know! I'm in the Gilbert area, looking for some riding buddies

Definitely, man! I don't get to just get out and ride too often, especially since the temperatures are rising, but I'm down for a nice cruise!

Grim Chemical

MasterDebater
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm down in Tucson at Davis Monthan and have been looking for a few riders in the area. Not sure how easily we could get a group of Fazers together, but I do think it would be worth the effort. I'll be out of the country as of November, but am considering a San Diego trip or maybe something a little more northbound, possibly Laughlin. Not sure if you've ridden the mountains through Searchlight on your way to Las Vegas, no other roads like it. I'll check back here.

Grim

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
What up guys. I am stationed here at Luke in glendale in the west valley. Let me know if you guys get a ride going. i am definitely down for a ride to prescott towards flagstaff. aint nothing like carving the canyons.

cory5489

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys, i just bought a 06 fz6 for my first bike..kinda. blew a connecting rod through the cbr600 f3. had nothing but problems with that bike and probably only rode it for 2 weeks total. and im here in chandler

amerchant

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just picked me up a sweet candy apply red FZ6, and am glad i found this page in the forums. i live in tucson, on Ina rd. any body up to form an FZ6 group ride some time soon!?

amerchant

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I'm down in Tucson at Davis Monthan and have been looking for a few riders in the area. Not sure how easily we could get a group of Fazers together, but I do think it would be worth the effort. I'll be out of the country as of November, but am considering a San Diego trip or maybe something a little more northbound, possibly Laughlin. Not sure if you've ridden the mountains through Searchlight on your way to Las Vegas, no other roads like it. I'll check back here.

Grim

im down for tht ride! im thinkin of visitin some friends in san bernadino, some time towards the end of september! but the road to vegas from here is a wicked one! (drove it in a car. zzzzzzzzzz *snoar*)

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Hi. I'll be the guy resurrecting a 3 month dead thread.

Hey...new Fazer owner...well...it's new to me at least.

Anyways....Hey, I'm Matt. I live in Anthem and work in South Scottsdale. 80 miles a day started necessitating a more fuel efficient mode of transport. This allowed me to convince the wife that I need to get back on a bike with a motor. :BLAA:

So now I own a 2005 Blue FZ6. It's been rode hard and put away wet more than a few times by its previous owner, but it's mechanically sound and I am working on restoring the cosmetic issues with a few...improvements.

So anyways, if anyone is planning any rides in the near future, I just wanted to say "Hey, I'm ready to ride." :thumbup:

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Yeah. I was thinking mid-January-ish...a nice daylight ride through the bee-line maybe? Anything north of me is starting to get too cold and would be ice/snow riddled at this point. My wife was just up in Prescott a few days back and they even have snow now. How about we shoot for two weeks after the new year...let the holidays die down and all. soooo...weekend of the 14th? Doesnt have to be the Bee-line either. I'm open to suggestions. I was just thinking its mostly flat-ish with some some nice curves up until you start heading up into rim country.

Thoughts?

Stellacotton

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hi everyone, just purchased my first Yamaha a 2006 FZ6! :D
I'm in Tempe and can ride on Fri&Sats mainly. Wouldn't mind doing a Prescott, Payson run.

Grnrzr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, ive been wanting to respond to this thread. Ive had my fizzer for a couple months now. Im absolutely loving it :rockon: it would be nice to meet up and go for a ride. Sat and sun are my best days. I live in phx. This weekend should be great to go up north. Prescott or payson are both fun runs :D.