Arai Vector 2

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my review for the Arai Vector 2 helmet.

I upgraded from a cheap $120 helmet (can't remember brand) to the Arai, I finally made the decision that if I crash I want to live with a lot less brain trauma. Also, my other helmet was so incredibly loud on the highway that it wasn't as fun to ride around, and the circulation was horrible.

Overview: Very comfortable fitting helmet.

Fit: Snug, not much play but doesn't smash your ears. Very soft padding inside, it honestly doesn't feel like you have a big ol bubble around your head.

Circulation: This is one of the biggest issues with helmets. The Arai Vector 2 has several vents:
Chin bar vent (1)
Visor vents (2)
Top of helmet (1)
Rear of helmet (1)

All these vents make it so I can open them all up on a hot day and drive down the highway, and it feels great. They help keep it cool, I don't sweat inside the helmet (it's currently 91 degrees where I'm at and I rode to the dealership no problem).

Visor: Not sure about anybody else but my last helmet sucked if I rode around with the visor up. If I got anywhere over 50 mph it wouldn't lock in the up position and it would start to shut by itself because of the wind on it. The Vector 2 locks the visor in the up position when it's up and it doesn't move, it's great! Additionally when you shut it, it actually locks shut. It has a tab on the left side on the visor that latches shut, yet it's not difficult to open or close, just apply pressure and it opens or shuts no big deal. Very easy to do on the road.

Vendors: Arai Vector 2 Solid Helmet - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore roughly $450

Hope it helps!
Mud

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I LOVE my Vector 2!!! I got mine in the marker black, what graphic did you go with?

I was in the same boat, I upgraded my HJC helmet after finding out that you want to replace them every 5 years or so.

Such a comfy fit, once the memory foam locked in the shape of my noggin I almost dont want to take it off.

Compared to an Icon & HJC I think the Arai Vector 2 is quieter, more comforable and waaay more ventilation.

Like Mud said with all the vents you can ride in temps of 95-100 with no sweating.....until you stop :thumbup:

I was weary of forking over $500+ for a helmet, but when the salesman(240LB) jump on the top AND the side of the fiberglass shell and it barely budged.....yeah I want the best for my brain. I like my brain. Hopefully I will never have to see exactly how well it protects....but not a gamble im taking in this life.

Great review, I think its very accurate. I gave it an over all rating of 4, would be a 5 if the price was lower....but you certainly get what you pay for.
:rockon:

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the flat black (not sure of color code), I prefer the matte black over glossy.

Amazing helmet, and I agree the $500 pricetag was the only thing keeping this from a 5. If it were down at $300 or so, there would be no excuse not to consider buying one!

Mud

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
...but when the salesman(240LB) jump on the top AND the side of the fiberglass shell and it barely budged.....yeah I want the best for my brain.

I hope that was a display model and not the actual helmet you purchased! :eek:

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I hope that was a display model and not the actual helmet you purchased!

haha no doubt, it was actually the fiberglass shell only.....Arai had given them the various pieces unassembled. If the fiberglass alone was that stong, I figured fully assembled it was even stronger.

The other day I had a guy yell out his window "That helmet saved my life".....made me freel pretty good about my purchase. Hopefully I never test that. :rolleyes: