"Adjustable" seat height? (repost to correct category)

schmittyUVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Been riding my 09 FZ6 for almost a year now, and now that my wife is licensed and wants to ride it, I'm trying to find out about the adjustable seat height feature I recall from reviews and the dealer. Anyone made this adjustment? Is it something you can do on your own? I'm not talking about seat/shock mods, just want to see if anyone has used this feature that I can't seem to find now that I want it...Thanks

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WTH!?!? Did we lose some messages? I posted in this thread last night with a link to the sister site for the FZ6R and a list of 6 steps on how he can adjust the FZ6R seat and today it is gone? Hmmmm.....

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
nevermind the seat...you are going to let you wife ride your FZ? brave man you are. (I'm kidding of course...about the brave part...haha...wait...still kidding)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
he posted the same question in two different places.

Ah HA! Thanks Dean! :D I thought I was loosing my mind!

Found what I'd posted...

If you have the FZ6R, jump over to the sister site, FZ6R-Forum and if you cannot locate a how-to, just ask there and those guys will gladly help out.

:D In a nutshell, yes, you can do it your self.

1. Put in the key and remove the rear (pillion) seat.
  2. At the back of the rider's seat, there are two allen bolts (size 4). Remove those and the rider seat comes off.
  3. Under the rider seat is a pan. Remove the two bolts, slide the pan to the "L" setting and reinstall the bolts.
  4. On the rider's seat, relocate the grommits with the nuts to the upper holes in the bracket.
  5. Reinstall the rider seat with the two allen bolts.
  6. Replace the rear seat.

Hope that helps!!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Shaving the seat will reduce the height a lot - but sacrifices some comfort on long journeys. I'm thinking that an Airhawk etc could be used on that occasion.