2014-02-06, 07, Server(s) down! What happened?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis, what happened up there? I saw three servers were off line late last night till sometime today.

FZ1
FZ6
FZ6R

Everything OK?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like the server had an overload of web request it could not handle. Either a DOS attack or its time to upgrade again....

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully this is false alert and not related to yesterday's outage ...

Started seeing these around 3PM Eastern US time today with Firefox. Doesn't really explain why. With IE, something on the home page wants an "Apple" add-on. Don't get this on the FZ sister sites. No alerts from my antivirus software.

Would have sent this via PM, but no attachments that way.

Edit: the IE add-on warning is gone. Probably an ad with multimedia elements.

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Google updated their Safe Browsing info. Possibly some ads with malware. See attached.

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't even open the page thru Google chrome, had to go thru Explorer just to get this far!

Wonder if this has anything to do with not getting any notifications on my subsribed threads :confused:

And, if I reply to any thread, it's automatically added to my "subscribed threads" VERY :confused:

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I found it.. A bunch of other forums (not mine) are having the same probem.. Its an madadsmedia.org are now blocked.. may take a few days for google to repost us a clean site...

My work is nerver done lol

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
TADA!!!

their reponse to me lol

This message is regarding the recent malware notifications that some of our publishers may have experienced. Just before noon today, our engineers discovered that one of our ad serving locations had been hacked.
Since this attack was discovered, our engineering team worked diligently until 3:45pm EST to ensure that the appropriate action was taken to secure our ad server. Unfortunately during that time, this attack effected 7.8% of our publishers' domains. If you are one of these publishers, you can have Google remove the notification by following these steps: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/168328?hl=en
This warning typically takes only a few hours to be removed. We realize the seriousness of this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our effected publishers. Our support team is available to answer any questions you may have.