Need Help 2006 front fairing

Euradraith

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to get a complete fairing. I don't like naked I do alot of freeway and highway 80+ plus I ride year round. If it ain't snowing I'm on the bike. Anyways just picked up bike started fiddling with fairing and found out half the fairing is busted top inner mounts snapped off left top bolt plastic snapped off too.

Euradraith

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to get a complete fairing. I don't like naked I do alot of freeway and highway 80+ plus I ride year round. If it ain't snowing I'm on the bike. Anyways just picked up bike started fiddling with fairing and found out half the fairing is busted top inner mounts snapped off left top bolt plastic snapped off too.
So anyways i rebuilt the fairing with ca glue, baking soda and TP. Honestly i think its stronger than before.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So anyways i rebuilt the fairing with ca glue, baking soda and TP. Honestly i think its stronger than before.
Since it sounds like you may have multiple events that may have caused the damage you might want think about the actual fairing bracket. It may be tweaked and when you put a good fairing on it may have a misalignment issue.

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike with no fairing. The guy dropped it. And ripped the whole front fairing off. I started pricing out all the parts for a new one... would have cost me almost a grand! So, I found a cheap naked "conversion kit" on ebay and put a big touring handlebar mount windscreen on it. Looks slightly goofy. But it works.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure that aftermarket screen works better than the OEM one...because the OEM only creates turblance (in my opinion). I tried everything to get the OEM one to work but never did...so I was happy to remove/sell it.

T-Broke

Reaction score
Visit site
It works pretty well. Takes some playing with it to get good airflow. I may have to tighten it down, but I did an extended burst over100mph and it moved back on me.