Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Which tires would you choose?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michelin Pilot Road 4 for $281

32 82.05%
  • Pirelli Angel GT for $266

7 17.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Euro Mod Pirelli Angel Gt or Michelin PR4?? Cloggy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Pirelli Angel Gt or Michelin PR4??

Quote Originally Posted by SANGER_A2 View Post
    I used PR2s front and rear once my stock tyres wore out and they were amazing. I used up two PR2s on my rear and I bought a PR3 as a replacement for my PR2 rear and it wasn't as good. Now my front and rears have both worn down again I've now got PR4 front and rear and IMHO there is not a better sport touring tyre for grip and longevity. I do a lot of motorway (read highway) riding and it's lasted well (it does eventually flatten off but that's cos nearly all my riding is in a straight line at 75mph). It's amazing! Better than the PR2 and definitely better than the PR3. You usually get the best deal for buying them online and taking them to a local tyre place for fitting.
    I agree with Sanger, I liked my PR2's but was not impressed when I switched to the 3's but I love the 4's
    Martin
    ...."DON'T PANIC !"....
    Member of Vegasriders prestigious 50,000 miles club

2. Thanks mattwitt thanked for this post
    mattwitt (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got them installed! mototireusa.com in Fenton Missouri.. $140 for installation on the bike.. Look awesome and cant wait to get them out on the road..

4. Thanks iviyth0s, Cloggy thanked for this post
    Member Pirelli Angel Gt or Michelin PR4?? iviyth0s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good! Man is it robbery what they charge to mount tires on a motorcycle...

I'm going to totally hit up Erci when I have to do mine and put in the work myself with his mounting/balancing machine when I finally mount my new Dunlop Q2s

6. Thanks mattwitt thanked for this post
    mattwitt (OP)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
    Looking good! Man is it robbery what they charge to mount tires on a motorcycle...

I'm going to totally hit up Erci when I have to do mine and put in the work myself with his mounting/balancing machine when I finally mount my new Dunlop Q2s
    No joke, I have 20" wheels on my Dodge Ram and only paid $80 for mount and balancing for all 4.. ha! Hey, its done right and they guarantee the balance and any issues with the mount (not sure what can go wrong) plus they use the awesome "No-Mar System".. So no scratching the rims..

http://www.mototireusa.com/Articles.asp?ID=253
    List of Mods:
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Bikemaster Heated Grips
    Denali DM Micro LED Lights
    Yamaha OEM Touring Windscreen
    Michelin PR4's
    Motul 7100
    Tusk 30mm Bar Riser
    Ram X-Grip Mount
    HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
    Puig Clip On Visor

Go Naked- Its liberating Pirelli Angel Gt or Michelin PR4?? agf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been running PR4's for two sets now, but i still think the Metzler z8"s were the best tire I haveridden on
    warm up fats stick like sh1t to a blanket on the road in the wet, they just gave so much on road confidence.
    Just a pity they are hard to find locally. I know they are available but when I need a tire change its easier to go back to yamaha service, and they only stock the Michys
    cheers
    Adrian

MODS:
    Delkovics, OGGY KNOBS, tank protector, rim tape, Sharkskin grip buddies, FAZR6's decals & FE, swingarm plugs, HVMP Bar-Ends, AMHeadlight Protector, BEOWULF Rad Guard, Stebel horn, HEALTECH Gear ind., tender wiring, HEL s/s brake lines, JPR Levers, KN's clutch mod, custom seat, oso2k rearsets, townsendFJR1300's lock bracket, Barkbusters, carbon front fender extender, https://www.facebook.com/adrian.flint1

9. Likes Motogiro, Cloggy liked this post
    Euro Mod Pirelli Angel Gt or Michelin PR4?? Cloggy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting new tyres for my Tracer on Saturday, I'm going for the new road 5's (Michelin). I always really liked the pilot roads and will be very happy to get off my D222's (Supplied new with my bike ) after 20K kilometers on them. Here's a german test for touring tyres:
    https://www.motorradonline.de/motorr...7.1014462.html
    But as they say the tyres nowadays are so close to each other in performance that it normally comes down to a personal preference. BTW you can use google translate if you don't speak German

I must admit this test was done with a heavier bike than the fz-6 and this could make a difference as well.
    Last edited by Cloggy; 07-09-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    Martin
    ...."DON'T PANIC !"....
    Member of Vegasriders prestigious 50,000 miles club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123