Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thanks Thanks:  45
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Which tyre is the best for grip and cornering?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michelin Pilot Road 3

48 34.29%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2

17 12.14%
  • Z6 Interact

4 2.86%
  • Z8 Interact

11 7.86%
  • Pirelli Angel

18 12.86%
  • BT - 023

28 20.00%
  • AVON Ultra storm II

1 0.71%
  • Other please state

16 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which Tyre????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Which Tyre????

I just put on a set of Pilot Road 4s and I can't say enough good about them. Fantastic in the rain and grippy as hell in the twistys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

I use the Pilot Power 3

Chimneydoc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be ordering tires in the next few days. My bike currently has Dunlop Qualifiers and I must say that I like them. They warm up immediately, have great grip, communicate well, and to my surprise they have lasted about 6,000 miles. I can't tell you how they handle in the rain because I try not to ride in those conditions and when I do I ride very conservatively.

I'm going to be a heretic and not purchase a set of PR's. I gave the PRs serious consideration but in the end I'm going to purchase a set of Dunlop Q3+ tires. I just don't want to give up any handling/grip/feedback because when things go bad, that extra margin of handling is my safety net and my way out of trouble. I'll gladly trade a few thousand miles of tread life for a tire that I have 100% confidence.
    Lifelong student of motorcycling. Current bikes: Custom Naked '05 FZ6, LS650 Café Racer, DRZ400 Street Tracker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary in NJ View Post
    I'll be ordering tires in the next few days. My bike currently has Dunlop Qualifiers and I must say that I like them. They warm up immediately, have great grip, communicate well, and to my surprise they have lasted about 6,000 miles. I can't tell you how they handle in the rain because I try not to ride in those conditions and when I do I ride very conservatively.

I'm going to be a heretic and not purchase a set of PR's. I gave the PRs serious consideration but in the end I'm going to purchase a set of Dunlop Q3+ tires. I just don't want to give up any handling/grip/feedback because when things go bad, that extra margin of handling is my safety net and my way out of trouble. I'll gladly trade a few thousand miles of tread life for a tire that I have 100% confidence.
    You have the Q3 now then? I share your opinion also. They are confidence inspiring even in the chilly early spring weather. The Fizzer isn't a torque monster so why not stick to soft sport bike tires and enjoy them?

Please share your thoughts on the Q3+ after you have a chance to scrub them in.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789