Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Paydrow (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: May My Fz6 Rest In Peace

I did look into that product. Sounds like Seafoam on steroids. I'd definitely spend the $50 just out of curiosity. And I had done the valves a few thousand miles ago but now It's got me worried that I possibly read them wrong. Although I triple check all my numbers before purchasing the shims.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, Sea foam is a good product but NOTHING like the Yamaha stuff...

As a side note I use Yamaha's "RingFree" in all my gas engines (SUV & bike included). It's a top end and fuel system cleaner which works very well:
    https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...-motor-company

However it's applied normally at 1 oz /10 gallons. You can use a shock dose of 2oz / 1 gallon if need be. Even this would help (also about $50 quart).

In your case, I would do the commercial grade stuff.

Good luck and please report back with the results..
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the rings are seized, some good old fashion "high RPM loading the engine" could do wonders. Just make sure to have good quality oil, and not do anything stupid (a track day would be ideal).
    2004 FZ6 with R6 Fork and brakes, Leo Vince SBK Carbon Exhaust, Venhill SS Race brake lines, APE manual CCT

Paydrow (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigborer View Post
    If the rings are seized, some good old fashion "high RPM loading the engine" could do wonders. Just make sure to have good quality oil, and not do anything stupid (a track day would be ideal).
    My last ride was a 35 mile ride with the throttle pinned and the bike barely holding 65mph at max.

Paydrow (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Yep, Sea foam is a good product but NOTHING like the Yamaha stuff...

As a side note I use Yamaha's "RingFree" in all my gas engines (SUV & bike included). It's a top end and fuel system cleaner which works very well:
    https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...-motor-company

However it's applied normally at 1 oz /10 gallons. You can use a shock dose of 2oz / 1 gallon if need be. Even this would help (also about $50 quart).

In your case, I would do the commercial grade stuff.

Good luck and please report back with the results..
    I went ahead and purchased the Yamaha stuff from Amazon couple days ago. Should arrive sometime this week. Any tips on how to use that stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paydrow View Post
    My last ride was a 35 mile ride with the throttle pinned and the bike barely holding 65mph at max.
    In what gear were you when you did this?
    2004 FZ6 with R6 Fork and brakes, Leo Vince SBK Carbon Exhaust, Venhill SS Race brake lines, APE manual CCT

7. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I went ahead and purchased the Yamaha stuff from Amazon couple days ago. Should arrive sometime this week. Any tips on how to use that stuff?
    Just follow the directions.

I've never used it however the Master Tech I mentioned earlier, posted badly carboned up engines, this stuff fixes better than 90% of it with no tear down.
    Scott
    2007 Yamaha FZ6- BD43 headlight mod, PIAA bulbs, Stebal air horn, Scorpion SS pipes-(no DB killers), Speedohealer, HEL SS brake lines, Fenda Extenda, K&P SS re-usable oil filter, custom mounted BMW style electrical outlet(L.S.), Techmount GPS mount with handlebar bar risers/set backs, additional helmet lock, custom mod'ed seat(Spencers), Hyper light-rear running/brake light, custom radiator/fan protector, Techspec tank pads, Grip Puppies, Yamaha rear rack with custom aluminum flat rack.

9. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    Paydrow (OP)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigborer View Post
    In what gear were you when you did this?
    Armored jacket and pa....

Probably 6th gear

11. Likes Red Wazp, Motogiro liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armored jacket and pa....

Probably 6th gear
    Going in 6th at 65mph with the throttle pinned doesn't do much for loading the engine, and it will very possibly do harm, as it'd imply a very rich fuel mixture.

13. Likes Motogiro liked this post
    2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone FinalImpact's Avatar
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

Coils that ohm good, well thats good but it doesn't mean they pass an electrical load test.
    Hop on fleebay and grab some new used coils, verify the caps are snug on the wires and try them. Likely out more in shipping than the cost of the coils.

When it hits on all 4, you should be be good. And If you happen to stumble on a spare ECU for cheap grab it.

The whole ignition is the battery, off switch on the bar (switch fails often, bypass it), ecu, and coils. So if you are missing spark, it's one of these. The run stop being a known weak link.

Good luck.
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

15. Likes Motogiro liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast