Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Erci (OP)
    Howie Mandel's evil twin Cooking / baking thread! Erci's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cooking / baking thread!

This will not be good for my diet, but.. what do you all like to cook or bake? Let's see some pics!

My wife does all the cooking and I do all the baking (and breakfast stuff..).

My latest thing is waffles. Few I've recently made:

Chocolate with peanut butter chips

Maple walnut

Blueberry maple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooh buddy

My chili- for two lbs meat: one bag of Williams tex mex seasoning. One can dark red kidney beans/1 can red beans. 2 cans of drained rotel. Add in some jalapeño ketchup. Brown the meat- bigger chunks the better and season with cayenne powder and black pepper. Mix together bring to boil then let simmer

Beer brats
    6 beers or just enough to submerge the brats
    - 3 shocktop raspberry wheat beers
    - boulevard wheat beers
    - seasoned salt
    - black pepper
    - diced red pepper flakes
    - parsley
    - diced fresh red onion
    -keep in bath overnight
    - cook on low til brats are cloudy white, remove from bath and grill to your liking. Keep the bath on low heat and let the brats sit in the bath after grilling for a minute or two to soften the charring

Zatarans Spanish rice mix and grilled chicken

And steaks with mashed taters

I love food

3. Thanks FrozenBiker, Motogiro, dpaul007, Erci, Cloggy, Smersh, FIZZER6 thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Cooking / baking thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    This will not be good for my diet, but.. what do you all like to cook or bake? Let's see some pics!

My wife does all the cooking and I do all the baking (and breakfast stuff..).

My latest thing is waffles. Few I've recently made:

Chocolate with peanut butter chips

Maple walnut

Blueberry maple
    Blueberry waffles so if i leave R.I. at 3:00AM, i should arrive at your table just in time...

5. Thanks Erci, Motogiro, Cloggy, dxh24 thanked for this post
    Erci (OP)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBiker View Post
    Blueberry waffles so if i leave R.I. at 3:00AM, i should arrive at your table just in time...
    LOL.. any time, man!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooking / baking thread!

Anything that I killed! Especially deer, I don't do it very often but there's a "thing" called a "Fatty" and its awesome. Basically you take a whole lot of bacon, and weave it together to make a solid sheet of bacon, then take your ground venison, or beef, turkey whatever you want and spread it out into one big patty on top of the bacon, then you put what ever you want on top of the ground, normally ill do a bunch of bell peppers, cow horn peppers and some other veggies, add some cheese and any seasonings, roll it all up and throw it on the grill. They don't call it a fatty for nothing but its damn good. Kind of like meatloaf on steroids! I did a "Italian" one a while back and it turned out awesome too. Instead of bacon I used prosciutto, put some basil in, mozzarella, provolone, pretty much a lasagna log lol
    Ain't no grave that can hold me down!

89 KTM LC4- Flipped

05 KLR 650- sold

06 DL 650- Wrecked and left in about 1000 different pieces on I75

04 FZ6 Fighterd Out- DOA, resurrected, DOA, resurrected, DOA, Resurrected, DOA, resurrected, SOLDDDD

04 FZ1- Blew it the *****up! Rebuilt that biznitch!

8. Thanks Erci, Cloggy, Botch, FIZZER6 thanked for this post
    Vrrroooooom! Cooking / baking thread! Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the cook my wife Lisa is the baker. Cooking at home is a crazy amount of work if your not a can opener jockey. I would say 95% of our food is prepped and cooked from scratch. No we don't have our own chickens but we do as much fresh organic foods as we can. I don't have any pics but maybe tonight I will take a picture of my Arroz con Pollo with red beans (Rice and Chicken). There are many variations of this dish and it is one of our favorites. It takes a while to make. I make spaghetti sauces including white clam or chicken sauces. I make Panang curry chicken. Burgers and home made fries. Borritos. Tacos. Corn fritters for breakfast! A common breakfast at my house is Steel cut oatmeal with dates or fried plantain and eggs. Pork chops with rice and black eyed peas with fresh home made apple sauce and a side of sweet/hot mustard! How about jerk chicken in Moto's homemade rue and basmati rice!
    Lots of salads! Lisa is the salad queen

A lot of dishes to wash all the time! But it's definitely worth it!!:BLAA:
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

10. Thanks Erci, Cloggy, dxh24, Lefty thanked for this post
    Erci (OP)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Motogiro View Post
    Steel cut oatmeal with dates or fried plantain and eggs
    How do you make it? Slow cooker or stove top? I used to make it all the time on stove top, but it's very time consuming.

One more pic worth sharing (this is few weeks old).
    Vicky (wife) made BBQ pulled pork and I made crepes. This was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had!

12. Thanks Cloggy, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Vrrroooooom! Cooking / baking thread! Motogiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Cooking / baking thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Erci View Post
    How do you make it? Slow cooker or stove top? I used to make it all the time on stove top, but it's very time consuming.

One more pic worth sharing (this is few weeks old).
    Vicky (wife) made BBQ pulled pork and I made crepes. This was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had!

Those crepes sound killer!

I do my steel cut oats the night before I go to bed. I boil water, add salt. Then throw in my oats while stirring. I spoon off the initial rafting. Turn off the burner, put a top on the pot and leave it on the stove over night. In the morning I add vanilla, dates and a little honey. I also do currents and cinnamon.

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Motogiro; 03-07-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    If you can't fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it's electrical!

Clif
    SoCal Hoon

14. Thanks Erci, Cloggy thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, I usually do the cooking for fancy meals and then my wife and I split the weekly meal schedule. We're recently married and still working out our schedules. (She is in a full-time physical therapy doctorate program and I work night shift 7-7.)

But, when I proposed to her I made a shrimp and scampi Linguini with a homemade alfredo sauce. I also made a spinach salad with dried cranberries, croutons, almonds, and a homemade strawberry wine vinaigrette.

Unfortunately, no pictures of the above...I didn't have the foresight to take a picture...I was a little nervous...I hadn't proposed yet...

I also bake some and have made these; Luscious Lemon Bars. I don't have any current pictures but here is the picture from the recipe book.

Attachment 46958

16. Thanks Erci, Cloggy, Motogiro thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is brutal.

The wife makes dinner during the week. I'm in charge of juicing and weekend breakfast. We don't really bake. I'll have to get some pics and share in the game of "You're gettttinnnnggggg huuuuunggggrrrryyyyy"

18. Thanks Cloggy, Motogiro, Erci thanked for this post

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast