Handlebar riser

ShaneAnze

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Iv been trying to raise the handlebars but keep reaching a point were everything is loose then go to lift the bars they wont lift on the right side. Do i need to get longer cables or should the standqrd ones do? Just trying to raise them 25mm at the moment.

Regards,
Shane

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
If it’s the brake line which is preventing them from riding, you can get another inch or so by flipping the lines around.
What I mean is, theres the main line that goes from the brake lever to the left caliper, then a jumper that goes from the left caliper to the right caliper.
Swap the main line (and the double banjo bolt) over to the right side. Yes, you’ll need to bleed the brake system, but it’s free and you’ll gain about an extra inch worth of handlebar rise.

If it’s the throttle cables that aren’t letting you raise it, you can unscrew the bracket on the underside of the upper triple tree. I put the screw back in and think I zip tied the bracket to the wiring down below to keep it from moving around.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have that rise and further set backs..

With the original lines (now SS), I slightly re-clocked at the master banjo bolt and removed the keeper at the lower triple clamp to get more line out of the brake line..

The clutch, throttle and wiring are not an issue at all..

When I upgraded to SS, I did get it a tad longer but this the riser / set back and all the stock line reach:

Last edited: