End of an era for Boneman

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well, the day that I thought would never come has. With FZ6 title now transferred to my insurance company to be sold as "salvage", I used this opportunity (and the $8,000 insurance payout!) to upgrade.

My local dealer gave me a deal on a brand new 2008 Honda VFR (silver/black) that he really wanted gone (last one left and hard to get now). I wasn't really planning on purchasing a bike this soon as I still can't physically ride one yet and winter is coming, but he made me an offer I just couldn't refuse! I will finish the deal and sign the papers on Monday afternoon.

p9250382-0.jpg

Perhaps the start of another mod project??....although I'm not sure if there will be a "BonemanVFR.com"... :don'tknow:

My FZ6 holds a very special place in my heart and always will. My one regret and it sounds kinda silly, but I never got to really say 'goodbye' to my FZ6. I never got to touch it or see it again in person after the accident. It was taken away to an impound yard in Vancouver I returned back to Victoria and never the two shall meet again.

Oh well, onwards and upwards I suppose.

The good news for you guys is I will soon be posting up and selling a bunch of my stock parts that I took off the bike over the years, including stock seat, seat cowel, stock exhaust, levers, signals and other bits and bobs I have now cluttering up my garage.

And don't worry, I have no plans of leaving this forum either...unless Dennis gives me the boot for being FZ6less ;) The community here is unlike any other I've ever experienced on the Internet and there are just too many great people that make FZ6.com such a fun place to hang out. I obviously won't be updating my Bonemanfz6.com site anymore, but I will leave it up so others can benefit and use it as well as I'm still more than happy to assist and answer questions for members.

So it's not goodbye to FZ6-Forum, more like just a step back. Thanks again to EVERYONE for adding to and enriching the whole experience of owning an FZ6!!! Yamaha should have advertized this forum as a selling feature and benefit to owning an FZ6!

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad Day!
You must have tremendous will power to buy a new bike and not be able to ride it right away! Well....I hope you have a few nice days is fall/winter so you can at least take it around the block.
And that's sweet looking bike!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike! My buddy has a 2007 that he bought new recently, though he's not a fan of it now for some reason. I think it's a great bike and rode it. I don't know why he's not liking it.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
What was the deciding factors for getting the VFR over like an FZ1, FJR, or something else?

I've always liked teh VFR and I almost bought one instead of the FZ6 - but price and being my first bike made me go with the FZ6.

Sport touring is what I'm getting more into and having a bit 'bigger' bike would be nice and so will having hardcases.

I also LOVE the look of VFRs (well not the new 2010s) over an FJR or FZ1. To me, it's the perfect match of sport and ergonomics as I can't ride in a true sport bike setup (neck and back issues).

I looked at FJR's, but they are more pricey plus the cc rating brings up my insurance a lot more.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! My friend had a VFR and loved it for sport touring. They're heavy, but stable and reliable as heck!! I'm jealous of that single sided swingarm too.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one fine bike there!!! glad to hear you are staying here, and thanks for keeping the mod site up - when i saw the header I was about to fire up HTTrack so i can read it offline - waaay too much good info!!!

I was considering an older VFR before i got the FZ,and I really liked what i read about it, so something tells me that eventually i may follow your lead. :D I hope by that time, there will be at least a 20-page BonemanVFR.com with all the mods needed. Besides, VFR has more fairing, more place for decals (I loved that ejection seat decal) :thumbup:

Cheers,

Tim

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking bike Boneman. Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

However don't you dare take your site off the web! I'm not done copying your bike mods yet :BLAA:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! Sounds Like you got a great deal on it. I will miss the fizzer, and as for your website, just leave it up. Its a great reference page for people doing mods and what not. I hope you enjoy your new ride soon as your healed all up.:rockon:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great you are going to get back to riding. You will probably will miss the FZ6 but it looks like a great bike you are buying. :thumbup: Thanks for all the tips on your site. I have used many and will continue to use it in the future. Once a member alway a member. This is a great forum. :D

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are sticking around! The VFR is a great bike and may be my next choice as well. Good luck with it and I hope it brings you as much fun as your FZ did. I hope you can ride soon!

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
Winter just means perfect timing to start modding :thumbup: Enjoy the new ride- definitely chose a sweet bike! :rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Right on, Boneman. Good choice on the new bike.

The good news for you guys is I will soon be posting up and selling a bunch of my stock parts that I took off the bike over the years, including stock seat, seat cowel, stock exhaust, levers, signals and other bits and bobs I have now cluttering up my garage.

I'm still interested in the rearset heal guards if you were able to lift them. :thumbup:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you had to 'downgrade' to a Honda! :D Glad to hear that you'll still be riding, and hanging out here (where all the cool kids are). Too bad your bike was a total loss... it would have been a cool 'mod' to get her back and rebuild her.

Look forward to seeing what you do to your new baby! (start by putting up some tuning forks!!!)

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike! The VFR will likely be my next bike in a couple of years too.

Enjoy your new ride. I hope heal up quickly and are able to ride it sooner than expected. Many thanks to you for sharing all of your FZ6 modding knowledge with us!