Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Botch (OP)
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!! Tall jacket Alert!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tall jacket Alert!

The Air Force base I work at has now decided all motorcyclists must wear "long-sleeved, brightly-colored" shirts/jackets while on base. Nobody but Aero$tich makes Tall sizes in anything other than black, so for now I have to put a stupid orange vest on over my motorcycle jacket (I can legally wear just a white dress shirt on base, as long as it's long-sleeved, but never mind...)

Firstgear has been advertising an '09 Mesh-Tex jacket heavily in the mags lately, and they DO come in DayGlo Talls, but every place I've tried to order it lists it as "discontinued". Kinda odd for an '09 design...

Anyway, I sent an email to Firstgear this afternoon, and they've already answered me! They're coming out with a new jacket called the "Rush-Tex" and the gentleman said it should be posted on their website ( www.firstgear-usa.com ) by tomorrow, and it too will come in Talls and multi-colors. I'll have to jump on it as soon as I can when I see it.

I need to go back to their website, it had a blurb about "reactive armor" or something like that, it was a new plastic they use in their shoulder/elbow armor that stays soft when its flexed at low velocity, but stiffens up at high velocity/impacts. Impressive! And if their new jacket incorporates this stuff, I guess I can wear my orange vest a few more weeks!
    "In the evolution of our species we've gone from knuckle-dragging to knee-dragging." - Keith Code

2. Thanks Tremulant thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tall jacket Alert!

have you tried TourMaster they make a couple hivis yellow jackets
    Ducati Owner with a Yamaha problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post

I need to go back to their website, it had a blurb about "reactive armor" or something like that, it was a new plastic they use in their shoulder/elbow armor that stays soft when its flexed at low velocity, but stiffens up at high velocity/impacts. Impressive! And if their new jacket incorporates this stuff, I guess I can wear my orange vest a few more weeks!
    this sounds similar to Motoports quad-armor.

Motoport has some nice hi-viz fabrics, and will custom size your jacket..its pricey, but its very good protection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hill AFB is tightening up the regs, huh? Man, that's a pretty dumb requirement...you'd think they were a military institution or something

Botch (OP)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottsst View Post
    have you tried TourMaster they make a couple hivis yellow jackets
    Whoops, forgot about them. Yes, they now have a Tall half-black/half-hivis now, but my current jacket is their Intake; it's okay but the zippers are weak and the velcro cheep, would like to try another brand. Thanks!
    "In the evolution of our species we've gone from knuckle-dragging to knee-dragging." - Keith Code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also take a look at Fieldsheer I have a couple jackets from them and they are nicely made
    Ducati Owner with a Yamaha problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that it'd be cheap but a lot of the BMW riding gear comes in tall sizes.

Sold: 04 FZ6 w/ Laser Quad, Shad Topmaster and Givi E450, FAZR6 FE, BD43 Dual-Headlight, Laminar Lip, Yamaha Touring Screen

Replaced by: 05 BMW K1200S with Sport Cases, Full Remus Ti Exhaust, SW Motech top rack with Givi E450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olympia makes a high viz yellow long jacket. I have one, it's pretty nice.

Olympia Moto Sports - Bushwhacker Dual Sport Jacket
    1990 BMW K75 Turbo (Garrett GT-15 turbocharger. Megasquirt ECU controlling fuel and spark. LC-1 Wideband O2 sensor. Paralever conversion and K1100LT rear wheel. R1100RT front wheel and rotors. K1100RS brakes with custom caliper brackets.)
    2007 Yamaha FZ6 (Stebel Nautilus horn, Valentine 1 hardwired with remote display and audio, Mix-It sound mixer modified for hidden installation, Mayer saddle, true dual high/low headlights. Relay, fuse panel and lockdown blocks for all additional wiring. R6 fork. RyanK fender mounts.)

Botch (OP)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I figured out how to post the "rules" here, check out the color chart to determine if you're "brightly colored"...