Leather Gear for Tall Riders

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about picking up a nice 2 piece leather riding suit....the problem is that I can't find anything for tall riders. I could only find one jacket that lists as coming in Tall sizes (FirstGear Hammer Leather Jacket - Tall - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com) and I can't find any pants at all. Do any of my fellow genetic freaks know of other options or have any suggestions to offer?

I

inkrediboy

I'm thinking about picking up a nice 2 piece leather riding suit....the problem is that I can't find anything for tall riders. I could only find one jacket that lists as coming in Tall sizes (FirstGear Hammer Leather Jacket - Tall - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com) and I can't find any pants at all. Do any of my fellow genetic freaks know of other options or have any suggestions to offer?

What inseam size are you. Length in legs. Most guys who are tall, are tall in the mid section, and its proportinate to their chest size -

Do any of these work?

Armored Motorcycle Jacket & Other Motorcycle Gear > suits and pants, armored, motorcycle jackets

there is a sizing chart found here:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/13000128/Images/2/SuitSizing.gif

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
also, depending on your budget, get a custom suit...I forget the name of it, but you give them your measurements and they tailor a suit for you...dig around on the site a bit about custom suits and you may find it...i think they go around 700 or 800 big ones.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
What inseam size are you. Length in legs. Most guys who are tall, are tall in the mid section, and its proportinate to their chest size -

Do any of these work?

Armored Motorcycle Jacket & Other Motorcycle Gear > suits and pants, armored, motorcycle jackets

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/13000128/Images/2/SuitSizing.gif

While I am proportional for the most part, it's not just in my chest.....long legs too. Looking at that sizing chart, a 44 would probably work, except for being way too short in the legs. My full measurements are as follows (I've been fitted for more tuxedos recently than I care to think about):

Chest 45
Sleeve 28
Collar 16.5
Waist 35 (36 works)
Inseam 37 (36 works here too)
Outseam 45

So now that you've got my measurements who want's to sew me a nice leather riding suit?

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
When you get your pants remember you may want the inseam to be a little longer since your time on the bike is spent sitting not standing. You will need the extra length to cover your ankles

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
The only thing I can say is if you have race boots, you don't need as long of an inseam leather pants. Ex. I wear a 34+ inseam pants but my leather pants are shorter since they tuck into boots.

I

inkrediboy

I wear a 32 seam in the legs for jeans - and Sportrider explained to me that high anke boots are ideal for this application for putting the gear inside the boot. I picked up 30 seam riding pants.

I'm hoping to find some good boots tomorrow, my full leathers should be here tomorrow!!! and if all goes well, I'll be taking the apex up MT Baldy with protection for a change woo hooo :rockon:

I

inkrediboy

Also Danny may be able to comment to this, but that dude is pretty tall in my book, and his suit (which I think comes only in 30 seem) works perfect for him with high chin boots.

RA

I

inkrediboy

Do any of these work?

Where is the Fedex driver???????????????????????? ;) My suit is coming in today baby baby!!!!!!!

EaglEye

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure this is far too late but since I found this on google, someone else might too. You can buy any XXL/XXXL jacket and take it to a quality taylor. They can bring down the size of the jacket. Buying a larger size will give you the height and have them reduce the girth. It's not perfect or cheap but it just may suffice.