What thought it was faster then you today

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
So was curious to see if any one had some douch that thought you were racing them and ended up getting smoked by your fz6.

At 2 am on my way to work had some Asian kid who thought his 2019 Ford Mustang 5L GT was going to beat me even tho all I was doing was speeding up to get over for my turn. He found out quickly that his fancy mustang did not even stand a chance. Dusted him and made my turn lol.

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Without getting at all scientific, I think the average passenger car would need roughly 600hp to match acceleration with our bikes. That is rare company.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Without getting at all scientific, I think the average passenger car would need roughly 600hp to match acceleration with our bikes. That is rare company.

^^, that's about right.

A guy had a "Linginfelter", supercharged Corvette ($150K car) and my FZ were about dead even in a drag (maybe 2 years ago) going over a long bridge (about 2 miles) with no traffic.. He couldn't pull away from me and vs versa.. :)

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^, that's about right.

A guy had a "Linginfelter", supercharged Corvette ($150K car) and my FZ were about dead even in a drag (maybe 2 years ago) going over a long bridge (about 2 miles) with no traffic.. He couldn't pull away from me and vs versa.. :)

Good thing you didn't race by Officer Scott! I hear he was really tough on street racing :)

Rubberside_Down

Reaction score
Visit site
A few weeks ago a supercharged Ford f150 svt lightning decided he wanted some smoke from a dead stop. I enjoy the whine of a nice supercharger as much as the next gear head but he just couldn't keep up. To this day the fz6 surprises me when you rip the throttle in 1st & 2nd and I havent done much work other than- K&N filter, Airbox mod, delkevic exhaust.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya it takes some really expensive hardware to match our $3,500 bikes @11 seconds...

Ran up against a Lingienfelter Caddy CTS-V that was pushing mid 650hp, I wasn't sure he was going to play so I held back at launch, then he pinned it. It was tie to low triple digits where I bailed.

It made an interesting soundtrack...

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
lol sounds like some interesting drags :p I never really expected the fz6 to be as fast as it is myself it being a touring bike and all. Mine is stock with 37,000km on it with barely any proper maintenance and it still rips really well. The only thing i had that would have stood a chance was a m5 bmw some asian kid sunk something like 30,000 worth of tuning and moding into. tho it was not a terribly fair drag he was behind me and was reving his engine obnoxiously. so i punched it soon as the light changed green. before he realized what happened i was already half a kilometer down the road lmao. he flew by me later after i turned down a side street haha

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had a car that would have been close try to burn some rubber. I did have a Harley rev his engine and try to launch at the stop light. I let him start the launch and I just watched a bit. Then instinct came in and I did the best launch I have ever done on my 09 fz6. Jeez, the fz6 has some power. That Harley was so slooooow!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had a car that would have been close try to burn some rubber. I did have a Harley rev his engine and try to launch at the stop light. I let him start the launch and I just watched a bit. Then instinct came in and I did the best launch I have ever done on my 09 fz6. Jeez, the fz6 has some power. That Harley was so slooooow!

Heck, when I still had my 2005, Kawasaki KLR 250, I raced a Harley from a stop and he JUST pulled away from me, slightly...

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
It all has to do with thier gear boxes being ment for crusing speeds. Sportsters are a bit different but for the most part harleys arr not built for fast times lol.

On the flip side i had a 2018 civic blast by me the other night so i blasted past him at 210kmhr or so my speedo said. Still not 100% sure its always giving me the right speed reading. But thats what i saw when i blasted past him. That really deflated his sails cause when i slowed down a few seconds after he slowed right the heck down to average speed lol