Fuel Tank reserve issue

Orestis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've had my FZ6N for a couple of months now and decided to check the full range of the tank before it went to reserve.

So I've done 160 miles and still the last bit of the gauge wont blink to indicate reserve. And then as I am driving in the middle of London the bike loses power and suddenly cuts off. I leaned the bike to the sides and tried to get it to start again but it wouldn't. Also couldn't hear any fuel splashing in the tank (though the traffic was quite loud).

Pushed the bike to the nearest fuel station and managed to get 18.15 liters in it. Now works fine.

So question is, does the reserve have a different fuel line connecting to the pump that could be blocked? Or is the original tank replaced by a smaller one, which confuses the fuel gauge?

Thank you

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You saying the tank is not stock? Your fill value is pretty close to stock.
19.4L / 5.13gallons.

Maybe the float arm is bent? Any evidence of rust in the tank that someone may have had the pump out?

In the tech section is a sticky. It has the resistance values of the sender.
Full ~ 23 ohms
Empty ~ 137 ohms

Don't forget to subtract lead resistance.
That said you can buy resistors and verify the gauge works or even buy a 0 to 250 ohm potentiometer. Set it to the values above and connect to black - Green/white wires. Turn the key on.

Go read the troubleshooting sticky for more details...