FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where to begin?
I won't lead the witness but if you know who the subject line refers too and for example, your ISP speed sucks and you by chance used a utility to check your speed and found it was ahhhhhh, lets say 70 to 80% lower than what you PAY FOR..... Keep reading!

- ya, I swear there was a period in there somewhere....

I bought a new modem, couldn't talk to a real person, went through several iterations of "can I".... which finally lead to a Text conversation whereby our new modem was reset several times which disabled its Wifi ability in spite of it being 100% compatible, well any way... after the Xfinity/comcast tech ran out of time to solve the new install I opted to Install the old modem.
Guess what? The defective modem they said needed replacing - well it went from 3.5mbs to 70mbps.

So if #comcast or #Xfinity are #throttling back your throughput, have them reset your modem before you buy a new one! Try speakeasy.net for speed testing before and after.
Unbelievable! 3 of us went from <10mbps to over 70mbps without a new #cable modem which they said needed replaced. Mind you NONE of us get the #150mbps we pay for or even close to that!!!

MAKE YOU ISP ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently had the wireless modem drop off from 20 to under 1. It happened two days in a row, a re-set would fix it. (Speed to the hardwired puter was fine)

I called CL and they replaced the modem with a new updated unit. Guess your old one has to break before you get the latest equipment.

Anyway, I pay for 10, BUT get over 20 (long story), slightly more when the snowbirds leave (less internet traffic I guess).

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I work with the telcos and providers regularly, and their favorite resution is "we didn't see anything wrong , and it should be ok now".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I work with the telcos and providers regularly, and their favorite resution is "we didn't see anything wrong , and it should be ok now".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, as soon as you use our equipment, which didn't work. Then return mine to service after resetting it and oh, it didn't need replaced after all.
Hmmmm $$$$$$$

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
48.2 download and 11.7 upload from a laptop over the air. I was seeing 57 plus a while ago.

Much faster on the wire... :)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Verizon via Galaxy S7 gets 35mbps down, 10mbps up.

WiFi on same device into LA gets 82mbps down, 6mbps up but it seems comcast is throttling down the upload speed.

Is that still a law or are they just doing it because they can?

Newer Lenovo T480s w i7-8550U, 16gb DDR4 2400mhz, 512PCIe Intel SSD clocks in 90mbps down, 6mbps up.

What is strange is before the modem reset the upload was closer to 12mbps up. What the whaaaa?