Could Ride Sharing Electric Scooters be a Big Part of the Future?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
In Some Parts of the World, It Makes Sense Ride-hailing companies like Uber are struggling to make a profit in certain parts of the world, like India. While the company would eventually like to have self-driving cars everywhere, it has to figure something out in the meantime. It seems that a solution could be electric ...
The post Could Ride Sharing Electric Scooters be a Big Part of the Future? appeared first on Web Bike World.

More...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The most prominent issue I see is related to the electric scooter and bike business that has cropped up in The US. Here in SoCal we have problems because there are not enough resources to regulate what people do with them as well as where they end up.

I have a neighbor that is handicapped and when I need to get her around I run into scooters that are parked 4 across on an ADA compliant area for handicap access. So I'm responsible for this persons safety while I have to move the scooters out of the access. This is probably a scooter company employee (4 scooters in a row) that has parked these scooters and not some random user which impede public access to the walkway.

I understand that the scooters in this article are a different type but if you've observed how the many people in our culture treat these devices there will be some growing pains before we see the benefits that we could have from this alternative transportation. Probably in other cultures this will work because 2 wheel transportation is already an established concept.