Flashing Engine Light and Haywire Gauges?

Preston0333

Reaction score
Visit site
Last week my FZ6 would make a buzzing sound upon pushing the ignition. I took the USB charger that was attached directly to the battery off which fixed the issue. I got my tires changed yesterday and now occasionally while pushing the ignition, I will get the buzzing sound, gauges go crazy, and if the bike cranks, it will stutter like in the video below. Anyone know what this could be? Connection issue? ECU?

Link to my Google drive for video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nhTut4AUT4wDoiL2_Blsprn-kHX2xds1/view?usp=sharing

Thanks everyone!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

The first thing I would do is check your connections at the battery and get a digital voltmeter to measure your static and charging voltage at the battery.

It almost looks like when the engine reaches near 4-5000 rpm the check engine light comes on and then the rpm reduces. This may be due to over
voltage that the ECU is seeing and it reacts by reducing rpm. check the plug at your rectifier/regulator (RR) Make sure the pins in the plug are not burned.

Preston0333

Reaction score
Visit site
Great! I will try that and let you know how it goes. I also have a trickle charger attachment connected which I suspect might be the issue as well.

Preston0333

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:
While changing my coolant, I went ahead and checked all of the connections while the tank was up. Sure enough, there was corrosion on the negative terminal along with a second trickle charger attachment that i somehow did not see before. I took both off and cleaned the corrosion. Sure enough, she started right up with no issues.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE:
While changing my coolant, I went ahead and checked all of the connections while the tank was up. Sure enough, there was corrosion on the negative terminal along with a second trickle charger attachment that i somehow did not see before. I took both off and cleaned the corrosion. Sure enough, she started right up with no issues.

So does it rev okay now? :)