Reaction score
Visit site
i have fz6 s1 2007
i read that s1 models deos not have o2 sensor
so how come my bike has it?

r4jhlmH.jpg

0tj1zWm.jpg

3lkK6Xt.jpg
The US S1s do not have an O2 sensor. Either the non US models are different or it has something like a powercommander with autotune installed. Perhaps it was dyno'd and the tuner installed it to set the air fuel ratios. Are you the original owner?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And CATs too!
Interesting....

Your country and release dates may play a role here.

Geok

Reaction score
Visit site
im not the original owner but it has oem exhaust and oem air filter so i dont think it was tune/
its model 2007 sound like last 2006 they has in the stock.
i live in israel its same as EU specs

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S1 2004 to 2006 had no O2 sensor S2 2007 to 2009 did have O2 sensor

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S1 2004 to 2006 had no O2 sensor S2 2007 to 2009 did have O2 sensor
Do you know what is replacing/acting as an O2 sensor on the S1 models? - I remember reading about it here but forgot what it was and keep failing to find that thread again.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You obviously have an O2 sensor in your bike.

Here's a parts link showing a US model, S1, no O2 sensor: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2006/fz-6-fzs6v/exhaust

Looking at the bike pic, your bike would be an S1.

It's most likely your bike was made when Yamaha was changing from the S1 to the S2 and you got some S2 parts(exhaust, O2, etc).

With my 2006 Yamaha F150 Outboard engine, I've come across exactly this. Specifically with a under cowl fuel cup. The newer version has a sensor to monitor water in the fuel system (the cup is well over $100, my cup, NO SENSOR, about $12.)

You can see it dead center between the balancers:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know what is replacing/acting as an O2 sensor on the S1 models? - I remember reading about it here but forgot what it was and keep failing to find that thread again.

I've been looking at the 2006 S1 FZ6 schematic and there is no O2 sensor. The S1 system is basically open loop as apposed to S2 closed loop, real time O2 sensor feedback to the ECU.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, S2 ECU and exhaust system. S1 having single CAT in the midpipe while the S2 has a much more efficient midpipe cat and CATs in the header.

So the engine oil sump is also of the S2 variety to fit the S2 header...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, S2 ECU and exhaust system. S1 having single CAT in the midpipe while the S2 has a much more efficient midpipe cat and CATs in the header.

So the engine oil sump is also of the S2 variety to fit the S2 header...

Yes, I remember you sharing the difference of the that bottom sump between the S1 and S2 because of the exhaust header..

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would think not as the main wiring harness is different as are the ECU pin out. Unless it had to meet some emission regulations to be imported I would think it was made that way.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking at the 2006 S1 FZ6 schematic and there is no O2 sensor. The S1 system is basically open loop as apposed to S2 closed loop, real time O2 sensor feedback to the ECU.

Bricks....
FWIW the S2 closed loop really only applies when the engine is not being commanded to change state rapidly.
For example when cruising on the highway it runs in closed loop.
With the throttle pinned open and rider banging through the gears it pretty much ignores the O2 stats and runs in open loop mode. Basically a bunch of look up tables (maps) that use the inputs (TPS, Vacuum, coolant temp, Air Temp, RPM) to produce outputs (fueling & ignition advance) to run the engine.

When not riding aggressively the maps then take into account O2 sensor data to run the fueling AFR near 14.7:1 so the CATs can attempt to burn any unburned fuel that entered and clean up the emissions.

Does that help?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just checked this mine is 5VXL 060 A
google it
got into this site https://parts.fo/yamaha/motorcycle/2007-fz6_s_fazer_5vxl_050_c-page2
2007 model looks same as s1 but with o2 sensor

i think we solve this haha

Some counties list the year of the bike as the year they were registers at the motor division of that country. Both the S1 and S2 look very close to each other but there are a few differences that are obvious when seeing them side by side. After being on this forum for years you will notice differences that include color schemes, fairing (unless naked), swing arm, sub frame and front brake calipers etc.

Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6