Winter project, Goin' Naked...

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the front end off last week, and got my new naked kit in today.

This summer:
zslv2s.jpg

As she is now:
2ztksqh.jpg

The naked kit:
33vnn83.jpg

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the fairing from my FZ last winter due to the poor airflow and resulting noise and helmet buffeting. I have no regrets. The bike is much more enjoyable to ride without the fairing. After selling the fairing, the net cost of the change was about $0.

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the fairing from my FZ last winter due to the poor airflow and resulting noise and helmet buffeting. I have no regrets. The bike is much more enjoyable to ride without the fairing. After selling the fairing, the net cost of the change was about $0.

I'm pulling mine mainly for atheistic, I just like the way it looks naked so much better. I've got the front end all off, but realized I left my 27mm at work, so I can't pull the upper clamp so I can drill/tap the holes for my naked conversion. Looks like I'm as far as I can get today, I'll post more pics once I get some more work done.

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pulling mine mainly for atheistic, I just like the way it looks naked so much better. I've got the front end all off, but realized I left my 27mm at work, so I can't pull the upper clamp so I can drill/tap the hose for my naked conversion. Looks like I'm as far as I can get today, I'll post more pics once I get some more work done.

Yep, this bike looks so much more modern as a naked bike. The half fairing is nasty

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
UPDATE! Remembered to bring home the correct socket and got the top clamp off and ready to get drilled/tapped for my new mounting bracket.

2q2nurt.jpg

2zofdc7.jpg

23rx348.jpg

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, she's about to hit the road. I'll get some pics up. Finished one of the projects this morning.

Mostly done, except the mirrors:
IMG_3582.JPG

Last edited:

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
This is the Ebay kit yes? I don't love the half fairing thing. How is the actual light output though? I find these cheap ebay kits have awful actual output.

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it's the bay kit. I never used the bulb that it came with, I purchased an LED from amazon to put in it. I've also converted all the turns to LED, and the brake/tail light. Only normal bulb left is the plate light.