fz6 2004 DARK GRAYISH BLUE METALLIC E (DNBME) - trouble to find original cowling

MichaelFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody from Russia again!
On our russian fz6 related group one guy asked interesting question; he did not receive much help and I hope here we could find an answer.

He has FZ6 2004 year made with color DARK GRAYISH BLUE METALLIC E. Here is his pic:
9mf39t6.jpg

He says that it has some violet and blue colors, so the front cowling and front inner panels are 100% not black.

Then there is a photo of this bike from yamaha:
d0di3Rj.jpg

On the left is DARK GRAYISH BLUE METALLIC E (DNBME), on the right is Dark Purplish Blue Metallic L (DPBML; 0865). Here we can see that the central cowling on the right one is black. Also I struggled to find any good pictures of 2004 DNBME in google.

Ok so whats the problem? If we go to megazip and select the model we see that they use the same partnumber for central cowling for both models!
lzXGNZP.png

But the color is definitely not the same. On impex-jp site there is no such color model at all.

Is it possible to buy cowling in original color? Or with such low demand yamaha decided to sell only black models (my guess) ?

Attachments

• 9mf39t6.jpg
    9mf39t6.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 10
  • d0di3Rj.jpg
    d0di3Rj.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 15
  • lzXGNZP.png
    lzXGNZP.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 13

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
What does he need? Replacement parts? Probably best to have them painted professionally to match. The Yamaha Blue tends to fade to a weird purple shade, especially on the plastic parts, less so on the tank.

Kaneda13

Reaction score
Visit site
What does he need? Replacement parts? Probably best to have them painted professionally to match. The Yamaha Blue tends to fade to a weird purple shade, especially on the plastic parts, less so on the tank.

I would agree with this. I recently bought a factory painted "blue" front fender, and the color is noticeably different than they factory cowling, but very close to the tank.