Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of the best riding in the world and a very popular in southern California.

[video=youtube;lLQzbMEPklY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLQzbMEPklY[/video]

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a nice area and that's a shame to see it burned up like that.

If you recall 4 years back 15k acres got lit up here a few restricting access for over a year to some of the best sweepers near me.

Target shooters got carried away an lit the joint up.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is heartbreaking....we are still recovering from our fire back in 2012.
Do I remember seeing a video of Wavex crashing on that road? :confused: looks vaguely familiar.....
So glad that you were safe during all that

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sad. Mother nature can sure raise hell when she wants too. Fire is very scary. Sad so may people lost there lives and so many lost everything they own. :(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That is heartbreaking....we are still recovering from our fire back in 2012.
Do I remember seeing a video of Wavex crashing on that road? :confused: looks vaguely familiar.....
So glad that you were safe during all that

A few of us have been through a few fires. Luckily the area we're in has been pretty safe. I was here when fire traveled from the 15 freeway to the 805 freeway (about 6 miles) in 15-20 minutes and depending on winds it can get much faster. Generally I've seen nature make some miraculous comebacks from fire but when people lose their homes and life it's heartbreaking.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sad. Mother nature can sure raise hell when she wants too. Fire is very scary. Sad so may people lost there lives and so many lost everything they own. :(

The thing that many people should think about is even if you're in a car and trying to get past a blaze that vehicle runs on oxygen and fire consumes oxygen so the engine will starve and die out. This has happened too many times. If there's a fire near you get away early. The fire/flames may not even be evident yet the area may be starved of O2 so go away from the fire and save your curiosity for better stuff. Terrain is also a factor because you get tremendous updrafting in mountainous terrain so even if there is no wind there will be and when it happens it happens fast. We've lost fire fighters here in the mountains because of this.