R6 forks, calipers and hyperco spring

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks

Have a set of nice 04 r6 forks, calipers and an 800lb hyperco spring. Forks were rebuilt with OEM seals and 1.0kg springs. No time on them since the rebuild. These come with nice r6 calipers. New hyperco spring 800lb spring included. Located in Philly area and would prefer pickup. Can meet you somewhere at a reasonable distance. $500

I also have the correct washers/spacers to line everything up.

Will post pictures later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone who has not done this mod needs to reconsider. This is THE best that can be done to your FZ6. I was recently convinced to do this (thanks Chris and Joe) and the results are amazing! The bike never felt more stable in turns and responds so much more quickly and crisply.

And because I have an S1, I needed to move to the 4 piston front brake calipers, which greatly improve the braking 'feel'.

This is a win-win!

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input. If this stuff does not sell, I may keep an eye out for another fz6. Had to sell mine before I got around to installing these and still regret it.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are several options for fork improvements for the FZ6; R6 forks, fork inserts and RaceTech Gild Valve Emulators. I went with the GVE approach and I’m very pleased with the result. However, at the asking price for this bolt-on R6 kit, this is the most cost effective and the best choice. If I didn’t have a we’ll sorted suspension I’d be all over this.

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
I am still kicking myself for selling mine before I had the chance to ride with the suspension upgrade. I really think that the fz6 can be an almost perfect “one bike” for most riders- including me.

I had a Zx6r that I converted to handlebars with an lsl top clamp and rises that was close to perfect. The fz6 seemed to have better bottom end and midrange and the ergonomics in general were better for me.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are several options for fork improvements for the FZ6; R6 forks, fork inserts and RaceTech Gild Valve Emulators. I went with the GVE approach and I’m very pleased with the result. However, at the asking price for this bolt-on R6 kit, this is the most cost effective and the best choice. If I didn’t have a we’ll sorted suspension I’d be all over this.

Dammit.... (sigh) guess who lives in the Phila area and has not done this upgrade. I do have upgraded fork inserts... but that's all (and I do have an '05/S1. Washers/Spacers too, huh? [MENTION=28902]tom7[/MENTION], see PM shortly

Suchdankverymemes

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did a little research because I'm looking into suspension, and I figured it's worth mentioning that the Hyperco part number indicates that the rear spring is 900lb, not 800lb.

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, right you are. I ordered an 800 lb spring using racetech’s calculator and did not notice a 900 lb was sent (even though I looked at it several times).

Thank you for pointing that out.

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
Last price drop before breaking up and putting on eBay

$400

Sackmonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06. Can you tell me what else I'd need to complete the installation? (ie. Fender spacers, etc.). I'm in Michigan though, so shipping would be required.

Also, I weigh about 220lbs.. Would the 900lb rear spring be good for me? Sorry for the stupid questions.

tom7

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06. Can you tell me what else I'd need to complete the installation? (ie. Fender spacers, etc.). I'm in Michigan though, so shipping would be required.

Also, I weigh about 220lbs.. Would the 900lb rear spring be good for me? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Hey.

Not stupid questions at all. Only thing needed for the front would be tabs mount the fender. Someone here makes them from billet aluminum. You could easily fashion one that will work fine with a strip of aluminum with a few holes drilled. Home Depot or Lowe’s has aluminum stock.

That spring may be a little heavy for you unless you plan to do some heavy duty track days or have a passenger and/or luggage frequently. It will be fine if you don’t run a lot of preload.