2006 Yamaha FZ6

Killjoy22

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've got an 06 FZ6 at my house that I am trying to put back together, and today I put a fully charged battery in and attempted to crank it. I cant get it to catch. It's been sitting for over a year .. any ideas on what I need to get it running?

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've got an 06 FZ6 at my house that I am trying to put back together, and today I put a fully charged battery in and attempted to crank it. I cant get it to catch. It's been sitting for over a year .. any ideas on what I need to get it running?
What do you mean by can't get it to catch? Does the engine turn over? Gotta have the basics. Fuel? Spark? First thing I'd do is put fresh fuel in it. You can also remove the air box and spray some starter fluid directly into the intake while cranking to see if she'll fire.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Killjoy22

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you mean by can't get it to catch? Does the engine turn over? Gotta have the basics. Fuel? Spark? First thing I'd do is put fresh fuel in it. You can also remove the air box and spray some starter fluid directly into the intake while cranking to see if she'll fire.

I sprayed some starter fluid and got it to crank , but she wouldn't stay running without the fluid.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
I sprayed some starter fluid and got it to crank , but she wouldn't stay running without the fluid.
Then it should be either bad fuel or a bad fuel pump. When you turn the key on before hitting the starter, you should hear the electric fuel pump running.

Killjoy22

Reaction score
Visit site
Then it should be either bad fuel or a bad fuel pump. When you turn the key on before hitting the starter, you should hear the electric fuel pump running.

Must be the fuel then! I'll change it out and try. Know a good way to get the old fuel out? Turning the tank upside down didnt seem to work. Lol

jesse_sanders

Reaction score
Visit site
Must be the fuel then! I'll change it out and try. Know a good way to get the old fuel out? Turning the tank upside down didnt seem to work. Lol
Siphon it out. If you don't know how you'll learn quickly. Gas don't taste good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk