No rear light, hazards or turn signals but fuse okay

edthebad

Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently bought an 06 naked FZ6 but when trying to get a live feed from the rear lights I must have accidentally grounded out something and now I have no rear light, no turn signals and no hazards. Taking off the rear panel there seems a bit of a dogs' breakfast that someone has made when fitting led turn signals. The 10amp fuse is intact but I swapped it with the spare and still nothing. Could the flasher relay cause this as they're on the same circuit or is there another fuse somewhere that I need to check. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ed

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are 2 separate fuses for the tail light and the brake light. When you turn the key to on does the horn work? If the horn works then you should have a brake light signal. The running lights and directionals/4 ways are on the same fuse. If however the running light, brake light, and directional light share the same ground and they are all out, the ground for those light's may have been lost.

If you have a short and you replace the fuse without repairing the short the replacement fuse will blow instantly and you will have the same problem until the short is repaired.

edthebad

Reaction score
Visit site
There are 2 separate fuses for the tail light and the brake light. When you turn the key to on does the horn work? If the horn works then you should have a brake light signal. The running lights and directionals/4 ways are on the same fuse. If however the running light, brake light, and directional light share the same ground and they are all out, the ground for those light's may have been lost.

If you have a short and you replace the fuse without repairing the short the replacement fuse will blow instantly and you will have the same problem until the short is repaired.

My brake light and horn are fine. It’s definitely a problem on the signal/tail light circuit, I’m just stumped as to where to look after checking the fuse.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you rechecked the fuse you changed. Was it confirmed the fuse was blown? If the short still exists on that circuit the fuse will blow immediately when power is applied. You can confirm/test continuity of fuses with an inexpensive multimeter.