1 and 4 fazer s2 coil

Steve wickenden

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all help needed on my fazer s2 not running on 1 and 4 coil. It all started when I added a gallon of fuel and 30 seconds later it stopped running on 1 and 4 now there’s no spark at that coil starts and runs on 2 and 3 . Being electronic if fuel don’t get through injector does it stop the coil from working

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!

Naturally check connections first to make sure it is not a simply fix due to a loose connection.

Do you have a service manual? The first thing is to check the primary winding on the one coil pack that fire #1 and 4 cylinders. The specification for resistance on the primary winding is 1.53 to 2.07 ohms at 20 C. You may want to also check that there is not a breakdown of the insulation of either of the secondary wires that feed #1 and 4. Since this coil fires simultaneously and secondary conductivity to ground will effect both cylinder at the same time.:D

Also, are there any error codes?

Last edited:

Steve wickenden

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I have fault code 33 and 22 . I have a live wire coming to the coil but when I put the other coil to these wires I still get no spark. I put 2and 3 coil back on to original place and it starts on 2and 3 no idea what to do now

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to the ECU/ECM and check the multi pin connector. Look to see if there is corrosion on any of the pins and that all the pins exist.

Your #33 is your coil failure error but it could be the switching transistor that operates the coil within the ECU. Since you also have the #22 air temp sensor error it could be there is a connector failure.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Throw some spare plugs in coil wire caps 1 & 4 and ground the spark plug body to the engine.

You can either press the start button or go into diagnostics #30 (1-4).
Note diagnotic #31 (2-3) should produce 5 sparks for coul wires 2/3.

If it doesn't, pull the leads of 2 & 3, install plugs, ground them, repeat diagnostic test 31. Confirm spark.
Now swap the coils power leads and repeat these tests.

Our goal here is to confirm that the ECM outputs produce spark #30/#31 on a functional coil.
If both coils spark from leads of coil 2/3 ECM output, you need a new ECM.

Sorry - tired and using mobile device.