Where to find headlight retaining clips

The13th

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the headlights are supposed to have a metal retaining clip, but my bike came missing both. Would a hardware store be the best place to find one, and if so what styles would be best for the bike?
Thanks in advance

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The hardware store won't have em…

Looking at the parts diagram, their NOT shown. I believe their attached to the entire headlight assembly:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2005/fz6-fzs6t/headlight

Some members modify their head lamps for LEDs. I suspect they don't use those retainers any more (not sure).

If no one responds here with them, place a WTB in that section.

**This link may help: https://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/35286-headlight-retention-clip-help.html

Last edited:

The13th

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. Partzilla/BikeBandit was my first stop. I was disappointed but I had the same guess as you. I'm toying with LEDs so I'll see if I can't come up with a solution.

Thanks much tho.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had direct replacement basically plug n play LEDs and the LED lamp assemblies were made for H4 or H7 halogen replacements. The stock OEM clips worked fine but I had to modify the dust boot. I eventually went back to a high grade halogens and replaced the modified dust boots. Before you go with any aftermarket lamps other than the the OEM lamps it is worth doing some research because not many aftermarket replacements are compatible with H4 or H7 reflectors regardless of the claims. Then the claimed longevity is a hoax unless maybe your going with some high end units. If you're doing a projector type replacement it is a different outcome because you are not using the stock reflector.

bigborer

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got over an year searching for a bulb clip for my naked FZ6, with no luck :( .

Made something out of a clip I had left from my car after a HID projector retrofit, but it's not perfect- it pops off after a while.