07 FZ6 bar risers question

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
I need about 1" up and back on my bars for better comfort.
What riser set will work with the FZ6 top clamp, and has anyone had any problems with not having enough cable slack?
Thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
1" is up, piece of cake, bolt them up.

Kinda hard to see, but I have risers and set backs. Had to adjust the brake line, re-clock, and adjust behind the head light as it was pretty tight.
Later replaced with slightly longer SS lines.

* I initially tried the 1" risers which helped, but wasn't enough. I suspect you may be getting set backs as well down the road.

Last edited:

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
I need a riser with bolt holes 33mm apart in order to re-use the FZ6 top clamp. What is the distance on these? One set of risers I ordered were 40mm and the holes would not line up.
Thanks

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a pair of the SW Motech ones in this link with no issues: GStwin.com Wiki - Handlebar Risers
I ended up swapping to a much taller set of handlebars, maybe 2.5-3” taller.

The cables are pretty easy to reroute. You can get an extra inch or so out of the brake lines by swapping the long line up to the master cylinder and double banjo bolt over to the right caliper, then the jumper over to the left caliper.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I need a riser with bolt holes 33mm apart in order to re-use the FZ6 top clamp. What is the distance on these? One set of risers I ordered were 40mm and the holes would not line up.
Thanks

I doubt you'll find anything where you can use the FZ top clamp.

As for the width, most sites say what the risers fit, and generally, most of the Yamaha's are the same width.

Actually, your the first that's posted the width wasn't correct..

twobob1

Reaction score
Visit site
do risers make a difference with the comfort? I suffer in my right hand from a bit of pins and needles after half hour. Have grip puppies but not much help.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
do risers make a difference with the comfort? I suffer in my right hand from a bit of pins and needles after half hour. Have grip puppies but not much help.

YES... Risers / set backs make it a different bike altogether. (Tried 1" risers, wasn't enough, then went to risers / set backs, a world of difference)

There's no weight on your wrists and your not doing a "push up" all the time riding..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It'll fit but you will have to slightly modify the stock brake line bracket (attached to the lower triple clamp).

You'll also likely have to slightly re-clock (no brake bleeding) the line to the master cylinder.

You shouldn't have to move any cables or wiring (faired version at least and in my experience)

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
try this link
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BP-1-Up...839058?hash=item33ad4d0912:g:GlMAAOSwDMhZqUZ5

I tried the Motorrad a few years ago and couldn't get them to fit. Tried these and they fit tlike a dream and I use the original top clamp on my naked.
I die do a ;little re-route on my cables behind the head;light to get aboy 2 cm extra length on the throttle. When I orderded my Hel s/steel brake lines I did ask fro abote 4 cm extra length and I run the loop over the front guard just like the original style of lines

the other thing you can try is heavier bar ends
HVMP bar ends are stanless steel 17 oz and take a bit of buzzz out of the bars they look good too

Yamaha bar ends

see how you go

Last edited:

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
Ohendo - ebay risers follow-up - I just got these same risers you suggested and they are perfect. I have no problems with cables and was able to use the stock Yamaha top clamp. Quality seems good. What a difference an inch makes! I think I finally have this bike just how I want it.
Thanks.

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
Twobob1 - I just installed these and they are perfect. Was able to re-use the Yamaha top clamp and no issues with cables - but you should loosen both the brake and clutch handle clamps when installing so things stay a little loose until you set everything back to your preferences. Doublecheck the cable routing and that no zipties are causing any problems. Good luck. I am 6' 1" and riding is noticeably more comfortable now.

Papacheeks

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this was a couple years ago, can someone still find these risers i'm reading about where you can still use the original FZ7 top clamp? I have the 2007 Yamaha branded top clamp.

Thanks looking at Zeta 7/8 30mm risers. If I can't use the top clamp with those then I'm game for alternatives.

Thanks.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this was a couple years ago, can someone still find these risers i'm reading about where you can still use the original FZ7 top clamp? I have the 2007 Yamaha branded top clamp.

Thanks looking at Zeta 7/8 30mm risers. If I can't use the top clamp with those then I'm game for alternatives.

Thanks.

You should be able to use the top clamp with any of the risers but you'll likely have to get different hold down bolts.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any clue where I can look or use for hold down bolts?

Their standard metric bolts. Measure out how long you need and bring the
ones that came with the risers for the correct thread.

Most hardware stores carry the metric bolts.

I'd look for cap screws (hex head -allen key style), it'd look a bit nicer

Papacheeks

Reaction score
Visit site
Their standard metric bolts. Measure out how long you need and bring the
ones that came with the risers for the correct thread.

Most hardware stores carry the metric bolts.

I'd look for cap screws (hex head -allen key style), it'd look a bit nicer

So I got my risers in and the OEM Yamaha Handlebar clamp will not work properly with the Zeta 7/8 risers. Going to try and match up the bolts that come with the kit with some longer ones. But the oem bolts for the handle bar clamp like 2 of them fit and go in fine, the others wont line up correctly. Feels like it's off.

Running into homedepot to see if they can match what I got from Zeta. Those seem to be what they want you to use, even though the original bolts do fit?

Also my Puig screen looks awesome that i got as well. I'll post pictures later this weekend and into this week as I'm on vacation. Also I was a flustered noob and didn't lay down any cloth on my tank and I got a small paint chip. I bought a restore kit from colorbrite anyone have any luck doing small touch ups?