Bridgestone BT-016 - Any good?

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
These are the tires I just had put on my bike. Second choice was a 2CT Michellin, but I liked the sound of Made in Japan tires so I went with them. I now noticed that a lot of the reviews for them are from the ~2010 era so I'm suspecting that they are old tech. The shop wanted to offer Pirellis as well, but as so as I saw they were made in China I declined.

Some people say they are great, some say they suck in the rain, don't last long and others say they are terrible. I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice for the tires. I don't mind if they don't last past 3000 miles assuming those are very sticky/reliable miles. No track days and very little aggressive leaning. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Here is a link for the tires from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J8X1EA

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use these a lot, went through 5 sets when I still owned an FZ6. I would get about 6000 miles from a rear and 8000 miles from a front. Perfect performance tire at that time, I ran them 34.5 psi front, 38 psi rear. You could do track days on them if you wanted to. I moved on to BT-023's for increased durability before I sold it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really good tire for fast warm up and they really stick. The BT-016 Pro which is what the link says, where made with a better compound for wet compared to the previous BT-016 according to Bridgestone. I would get 4000 to 5000 on a rear with the SV1000s. and more on the front. I switch to the Bridgestone T-30 for the rear but still run the BT-016 Pro on the front.

MIJ_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you! Glad to hear they are decent. I've had no problems so far but have only put ~100 miles on them. Too scared to get it to lean real low yet :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great tires as mentioned above. Burned down 4 fronts (16 Pro). They stick and stick and stick!
I do run a bit higher pressure at 36 in the front, 36.5 rear.
Oh and the BT-023 rear is a good combo. Never tried T030.
If you live where the roads have more twists than straights you'll get your money out of them.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to use these a lot, went through 5 sets when I still owned an FZ6. I would get about 6000 miles from a rear and 8000 miles from a front. Perfect performance tire at that time, I ran them 34.5 psi front, 38 psi rear. You could do track days on them if you wanted to. I moved on to BT-023's for increased durability before I sold it.

John, the simple fix for the R6 doing the jack hammer during downhill corner braking was to overfill the front forks 1.25". The decreased air volume builds pressure and it just doesn't happen any more. 2 seasons of wondering, but it don't do it.

Thank goodness!

/thread return