Msaluta

Reaction score
Visit site
I intend on purchasing a used Akropovic exhaust for my 08 FZ6.

I intend on swapping out the air filter with a K&N.

Will I need to have a power commander for these types of mods?

I intend on purchasing one in the future, but not any time soon.

I remember reading that Akropovic tuned the exhaust to work best with the stock maps, but haven't confirmed that.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
A PC is not needed, but may help take advantage of the full power.
That said our bikes do come with a built in fuel enricher that can be done from the dashboard.
I've done this to my bike and it works great!
Here is a link to an old post about it.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-to-s-/30125-enable-co-adjustment-usa-only-lean-richen.html

Good luck!

Super helpful, thanks! Going to do this to mine. Any idea what kind of fuel addition I'll need with Leo Vince pipes coupled to stock cat pipe?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can definitely do the pipe (with the cat) W/O issue.

The K&N may provide a little too much air, then you have to add a PC. Loping at idle is what usually happens.

I have OPEN Scorps, everything else stock and intact. Idles smooth as silk at 1,100, no issues and no lowering of mileage either(till the throttle is cranked back!)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If that's anything like my Two Bros, that is L O U D. I have to run it with the inserts otherwise I'm too embarrassed to ride through my town.

With the cat's, no, it's not bad keeping it under 5k (which I usually do). After that, yea, it's loud and sounds really good IMO..

Local, around town streets, 4K is 50 MPH, which is about the highest in town. Un-less I'm feeling frisky or a vette pulls along side, it's not an issue at all.

Actually. I had to special order the DB killers. They didn't make it to the end of the driveway before being yanked (as it sounded like the stock muffler.) Someone got a good deal on em..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If that's anything like my Two Bros, that is L O U D. I have to run it with the inserts otherwise I'm too embarrassed to ride through my town.

I have the DB killer installed in the right side only of the 2 bro as its pretty loud. Bike is catless with an S1 header. The good news is dear no longer plot intercept trajectory and actually turn back! So public nuisance or life saving. I'm going with life saving....