2008 rear suspentin fz 600

max600

Reaction score
Visit site
hi every one
fz 600 2008

recently I had serviced rear suspension ... because I had a problem with rear huger touching mivv exhaust and noticed the plastic hugger started to melt while riding in 2 person .. anyone knows how much must be the height of two person weight 200kg should be between the rear hugger and the exhaust ? thanks

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit a good bump hard enough, parts are going to meet...

I'd tighten up the rear spring pre-load fully, see how that works, then soften to your liking.

I have my rear spring on the lightest, myself 210lbs and GF, (maybe 130), never had an issue bottoming out. And that's with Scorps, stock hugger.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification , I'm just surprised with the weight onboard you prefer it set to min preload with stock shocks, Something tp ponder.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification , I'm just surprised with the weight onboard you prefer it set to min preload with stock shocks, Something tp ponder.

Actually, I ride alone and the rear, set on the softest, is plenty hard enough for me.

Now I did add the air Schrader valves to the forks so some weight is back onto the rear.

Most of the nose sag is gone (adjusted to my liking), not too soft, not too hard, but juuuussst right!

Been there about 3 years, added a little air twice. 16 PSI is about the magic # for each leg (for me).

Seems to be keeping the fork seals tight too. 26,000 miles, seals/ tubes, nice and dry (did do a fork oil change
back then too).