Scorpion - Not loud enough and too loud

NuterDuck

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just fittet a Scorpion set on my bike and to be honest - without the db-killers it's a bit too loud and yet with them it is just not loud enough. Hav anyone tried modifying the db-killers to get just a bit more "roar" out of them?
Now don't get me wrong the "note" they make is soooooo much better either way then the stock muffler :rockon: But I have a sneaking suspicion that all the people in the tiny village I live in would have me strung up by the balls and skinned alive if I start her up without the db-killers in at 5am to ride to work.:rolleyes:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can try drilling 10mm holes in the db-killers until you get the volume you like.

I ride with the db-killers installed in my Two-Brothers exhaust because without them it's just obnoxious.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have open Scorps and as long as I keep the RPMs down (which I do for warm up anyway), say under 2.5-3,000 RPM's it's not bad.

(Way quieter than a Harley without stock pipes)

Even up to 4 k not bad..

I tried the DB killers, heck it was as quiet as stock. They didn't make it to the end of the driveway before being sold..

But agreed, try sneaking up with the drill and open the holes up on the DB killers... Start small as there's no going back (hole size).