Exhaust compatibility

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a question about exhausts and can't seem to find a solid answer. I know the cat or cat eliminator pipes differ from the S1 to the S2 but do the Y pipes and silencers?

I ask this because on the Arrow website the difference between the s1 and s2 kit is the cat eliminator part number, the silencers and y pipe share the same part number but yet the s2 kit is more expensive. If you then look at SP engineerings website they claim there exhausts will fit 04 onwards. The same goes to Scorpion exhausts which is the main answer I'm after, they have different part numbers for S1 and S2 so are they not interchangeable (Y pipes and silencers)?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it would be best to e-mail or call each manufacturer and ask.

Their designing their own pipes and may or may not change the y pipe design for some reason.

If they have different part #'s, I'd suspect their slightly different for some reason..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In short the stock muffler fits both S1 and S2 with no midpipe changes as the midpipe S1 and S2 exit at exactly the same place.

The difference is if you use OEM or aftermarket midpipe as the midpipe needs to match the header.

The S1 header has a long smooth exit radius extending upwards further. Thus the midpipe cat is shorter overall length.

The S2 header with its pre-cats and short radius exit has a longer midpipe. As stated, both midpipes exit at the same location which allows oem muffler to interchange between S1 and S2.

FWIW: 2bro exhaust fits both and if you compare the Y pipe of the 2bro to some of the other manufactures you see they did a very nice job splitting and dividing the flow equally vs some of the others shoving it in making an T angle whereby the left side muffle is pretty much just cosmetic...

S1 headers came in the mail!
I've got some cleaning to do as well as weld in an O2 bung.

The Goal, get rid of the harsh 90° turn at the exit and the mini cats...

Out with the old (harsh 90°).....
IMG_20150111_131156_485_zpsu6fd6uuv.jpg

DSC_7979_zpsje9qe3tt.jpg

DSC_7974_zpstbpd6yri.jpg

More info here... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/51736-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.html

iBeef

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, it does look like it's manufacturer specific. I'll just wait for an S2 exhaust to pop up on Ebay I think, I can't justify spending £500+ on an improved sound. Thanks for the exhaust lesson [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] :).

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys, it does look like it's manufacturer specific. I'll just wait for an S2 exhaust to pop up on Ebay I think, I can't justify spending £500+ on an improved sound. Thanks for the exhaust lesson @FinalImpact :).

Post is a year old but something not said is the oil pans are different. You **should** swap oil pans if swapping headers as the S2 pan will not fit an S1 header without doing some grinding and welding or just swap the pan.