Power Commander Yes or No?

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I've had my FZ6 going on two years now. Recently the only upgrade I've bothered to do is a Leo Vince exhaust with the cat delete pipe. Since then the bike does run mucher richer than before and pops during decel. I sold off an old car of mine and have ~$1000 to play with for upgrades.

I was previously thinking of getting a Corbin Gunfighter/Lady seat for me and the girl when we ride but the stock seat is still doable.

For my main question is due to my new exhaust and the obvious rich running of the engine would a PC and tune be something to focus on? I've never had the bike dynoed and never tuned. If this is something that I should look into which PC would I go with? Is there anything else I need to get along with it? I'll be doing some maintenance since it's still winter here and want to do this if it's possible. I only ask this since I've never done any work on mapping on any bike I've owned. Thank in advanced!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
You can adjust low end mixture with CO settings from gauge. In my opinion there is no need to buy a PC.

Diexgo

Reaction score
yamahafz6.foroargentina.net
You can adjust low end mixture with CO settings from gauge. In my opinion there is no need to buy a PC.

Hello boys, i'm from Argentina, so, first of all, sorry for my english, i will try to make myself clear. The CO adjust setting from the dashboard, will have impact on all RPM range of the engine, or will it affect only on the idle and very low RPM range ?. It seems to be confused, since i have read different things from different sites, so this point it's not clear for me. Have searched the manual and there is not much information regarding this setting and how it will affect the engine behaviour.

Anybody has this thing clear enough to point me in the right direction ?. Thank you !

SandyN

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to throw a spanner in the works... ;) if you have popping on deceleration, it means that the bike is running lean; the fuel mixture is too weak to ignite, and ignites in the exhaust. This is due to the free-flow system you have put on. Check the colour of your plugs after a long ride, I'll bet they will be a very light colour.

The popping on deceleration is common on R1200GS's as well because of being set lean by the factory to meet emission requirements. This may also cause surging of the engine while holding constant throttle.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello boys, i'm from Argentina, so, first of all, sorry for my english, i will try to make myself clear. The CO adjust setting from the dashboard, will have impact on all RPM range of the engine, or will it affect only on the idle and very low RPM range ?. It seems to be confused, since i have read different things from different sites, so this point it's not clear for me. Have searched the manual and there is not much information regarding this setting and how it will affect the engine behaviour.

Anybody has this thing clear enough to point me in the right direction ?. Thank you !

Keep in mind that if you have an aftermarket exhaust and have not removed the CAT system you should not be too lean. If you need to adjust the CO settings it is advised to use a sniffer or wand connected to a equipment that can show what your air to fuel mixture actually is.

fazil has already posted a link to where there are step by step instructions on the procedure. You will also see pictures showing an electrical plug where you will ground a wire from that plug to change the CO1 and CO2 settings. It is important that when you access the wire that must be grounded that you do not damage the plug so that weather or water can compromise the wires.

Here again is a link to the procedure.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-...justment-usa-only-lean-richen.html#post313193

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It want clear in the how-to, but once the changes are made, can the ground wire be removed?
Hmmm... Good question. I imagine it allows the CO change and then you unground it. A sure way to tell would be to unground it and then look to see if the settings stay put. :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It want clear in the how-to, but once the changes are made, can the ground wire be removed?

Hmmm... Good question. I imagine it allows the CO change and then you unground it. A sure way to tell would be to unground it and then look to see if the settings stay put. :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Yes, ground wire can be removed. That said, once removed you can no longer get to the menu to verify it. =/ But once connected again, it remains at the value set.

The S2 OEM fuel map plays on both sides of the fence. Too lean in some areas and too rich in others. A tune is the best fix.