POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lets see those fuel maps! Where did it come from, how did you get it (DL, Dyno tune, AutoTune, Dyno Run etc). Include what mods are done to the bike, year and all that jazz. --> Please don't forget Target Air Fuel Ratio AFR and your Goal - Power vs Economy...

The reason I ask is this, if these bikes all share a common trait of over-fueling off idle and going lean, we can see this and potentially correct for it.

Just remember after install to set your TPS values SPECIFIC to your bike before running around town. The idle values (fully closed) can be off enough to impact idle and off idle performance.

At a glance I only see Bazzaz and Power Commanders for our bikes but there may be others there. Take a screen shot and post up. With both of these companies offering an AUTO-TUNE function to gather real world data I'd think there would be some maps in other forums but they are not found easily.

Include:
  • Model Year:
  • Elevation at location:
  • Temperature range you normally ride in: C/F
  • Mods: Slip-Ons, Air filter, Exhaust
  • Gear ratio if not stock:
  • Where the tune came from:
  • Target AFR:
  • Goal:

EDIT: Missed this thread from (( 2009 )) It has a few Maps in it. Custom Power Commander maps

JJD952 Tuning Fueling

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No one runs fuel controllers here??? :confused::confused:

Hint - you have to ZIP the file to attach unless you save as txt and rename after download.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This one is for the 06 FZ6, Two Bros Exhaust. CAT retained, PClll and K & N air filter.

The tuner did a brilliant job making the bike run very strong and still keeping within heathy A:F ratio. See attached map. :)

Attachments

• FZ6 tuning.zip
    961 bytes · Views: 151
Last edited:

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
This one is for the 06 FZ6, Two Bros Exhaust. CAT retained, PClll and K & N air filter.

The tuner did a brilliant job making the bike run very strong and still keeping within heathy A:F ratio. See attached map. :)

Now this I'm going to check out soon.

(Maybe come up with my own little variant in the future, but who knows)

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW: I grabbed the Z-AFM auto logger. The wide-band O2 will take place of the narrow-band one into the ECM.

In short: You pick a target AFR and and it logs and averages the variance from target making a real world map once saved. IT DOES NOT - attempt to maintain target which seems pretty stupid. Basically you have to accept changes via PC and play in that arena.
- In the ideal world, once you average the numbers out and run through a few iterations in your realm, it builds a map specific to your bike, mods, locale, fuel and all that.

Its not installed and weather is crap so it'll be while.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been asking around a bit and people don't seem to be replying to me all that often, so I'll post here in the hopes more forum goers will see it.

I'm trying to find a PC3 map that fixes the snatchy throttle, and RPM deadzones that I've seen get mentioned quite often, but at the same time something that doesn't cut down too much on the overall mileage of the bike. I'm really interested, and feel like it'd be beneficial for others too, in knowing how a person's particular maps have affected them. On that note, if anybody has a map that fixes the 'trouble' spots and still maintains good (if not better) mileage, I'd love to hear about it!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ Per PM - I'm adding fuel across the board from TP = closed 0% to 5% and then backing it off a little at 10%.
Bike has the ignition advanced and there is NO sign of hesitation on re-wet... It just pulls! Its Bazzaz and the maps don't transfer.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the plot from my map. Looks like the site will not take DJM file types. If a mod would change that I can hang the map.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the plot from my map. Looks like the site will not take DJM file types. If a mod would change that I can hang the map.

You have to ZIP it first. Although I've thrown a few things in here as Word, Excel docs and .txt. That said, the end user must restore the proper extension once its downloaded!

Rep points for effort!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S1 vs S2 map usage:

Because the Earlier bikes have NO O2 sensor, the OEM ECU map is pretty close and you can run a zero map. The S2 versions with the O2 sensor **appear** to have a little more wiggle room as the S2's learn as you ride them so maps are not 100% match at all points.

As such, swapping maps between vehicle versions may not be advisable as the baseline values which we are "piggybacking" from are not same.

** If you do swap maps, do so at your own risk! **

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We can post djm files in the FZ1 site.

If you want to email it to me I'll zip it and post it. PM if want an acct.

To Zip a file: On a windows 7 or 8 box its usually just a right click away under "Send too" -->> "Compressed Zipped Folder"

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A map with no offsets. It directly passes the OEM fuel events without changing them.

In short, its an empty map.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here you go. Zealot check your email.

This was the tune that was on my 2007. It was done by AF1 Racing on a Factory Pro dyne, using a 4 Gas EGA. The only motor mod was an Akrapovic slip on with daffles out.

View attachment 56165

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here you go. Zealot check your email.

This was the tune that was on my 2007. It was done by AF1 Racing on a Factory Pro dyne, using a 4 Gas EGA. The only motor mod was an Akrapovic slip on with daffles out.

View attachment 56165

Your's was an 07; what mods if any?
How many CAT's present / not present?
Thanks for sharing!
Very different map than Motogiro's

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have a good custom map for a stock 07+ bike? Not even power commander provides a Map for 07+ FZ6's. The one that comes up if you look is for a 2004 when you open it.

Last edited: