Cooking / baking thread!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This will not be good for my diet, but.. what do you all like to cook or bake? Let's see some pics!

My wife does all the cooking and I do all the baking (and breakfast stuff..).

My latest thing is waffles. Few I've recently made:

Chocolate with peanut butter chips

wafflescpb.jpg

Maple walnut

mwwaffles.jpg

Blueberry maple

blueberrywaffles.jpg

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Oooooh buddy

My chili- for two lbs meat: one bag of Williams tex mex seasoning. One can dark red kidney beans/1 can red beans. 2 cans of drained rotel. Add in some jalapeño ketchup. Brown the meat- bigger chunks the better and season with cayenne powder and black pepper. Mix together bring to boil then let simmer
2EEE054F-CE03-4637-9315-DEB5891FABDD-4124-000003471166BDC7_zps66b8073b.jpg

Beer brats
6 beers or just enough to submerge the brats
- 3 shocktop raspberry wheat beers
- boulevard wheat beers
- seasoned salt
- black pepper
- diced red pepper flakes
- parsley
- diced fresh red onion
-keep in bath overnight
- cook on low til brats are cloudy white, remove from bath and grill to your liking. Keep the bath on low heat and let the brats sit in the bath after grilling for a minute or two to soften the charring
A3857EC7-8A9E-48AE-868F-5C73E17155E3-4124-000003471C74E68F_zps55e352e4.jpg

Zatarans Spanish rice mix and grilled chicken
3C37B320-EBF9-48F8-B708-E147675D47A2-4124-0000034714FEE084_zps269fbd69.jpg

And steaks with mashed taters
597A71ED-09F0-4876-BC16-C97D609D06FB-4124-0000034721DC46E6_zpsf20712a1.jpg

I love food

Reaction score
Visit site
This will not be good for my diet, but.. what do you all like to cook or bake? Let's see some pics!

My wife does all the cooking and I do all the baking (and breakfast stuff..).

My latest thing is waffles. Few I've recently made:

Chocolate with peanut butter chips

Maple walnut

Blueberry maple

Blueberry waffles :thumbup: so if i leave R.I. at 3:00AM, i should arrive at your table just in time... :cheer:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Anything that I killed! Especially deer, I don't do it very often but there's a "thing" called a "Fatty" and its awesome. Basically you take a whole lot of bacon, and weave it together to make a solid sheet of bacon, then take your ground venison, or beef, turkey whatever you want and spread it out into one big patty on top of the bacon, then you put what ever you want on top of the ground, normally ill do a bunch of bell peppers, cow horn peppers and some other veggies, add some cheese and any seasonings, roll it all up and throw it on the grill. They don't call it a fatty for nothing but its damn good. Kind of like meatloaf on steroids! I did a "Italian" one a while back and it turned out awesome too. Instead of bacon I used prosciutto, put some basil in, mozzarella, provolone, pretty much a lasagna log lol

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm the cook my wife Lisa is the baker. Cooking at home is a crazy amount of work if your not a can opener jockey. I would say 95% of our food is prepped and cooked from scratch. No we don't have our own chickens but we do as much fresh organic foods as we can. I don't have any pics but maybe tonight I will take a picture of my Arroz con Pollo with red beans (Rice and Chicken). There are many variations of this dish and it is one of our favorites. It takes a while to make. I make spaghetti sauces including white clam or chicken sauces. I make Panang curry chicken. Burgers and home made fries. Borritos. Tacos. Corn fritters for breakfast! :p A common breakfast at my house is Steel cut oatmeal with dates or fried plantain and eggs. Pork chops with rice and black eyed peas with fresh home made apple sauce and a side of sweet/hot mustard! How about jerk chicken in Moto's homemade rue and basmati rice! :rockon:
Lots of salads! Lisa is the salad queen :cheer::cheer:

A lot of dishes to wash all the time! :( But it's definitely worth it!!:BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Steel cut oatmeal with dates or fried plantain and eggs

How do you make it? Slow cooker or stove top? I used to make it all the time on stove top, but it's very time consuming.

One more pic worth sharing (this is few weeks old).
Vicky (wife) made BBQ pulled pork and I made crepes. This was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had! :D

crepespork.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: Cooking / baking thread!

How do you make it? Slow cooker or stove top? I used to make it all the time on stove top, but it's very time consuming.

One more pic worth sharing (this is few weeks old).
Vicky (wife) made BBQ pulled pork and I made crepes. This was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had! :D

crepespork.jpg

Those crepes sound killer!

I do my steel cut oats the night before I go to bed. I boil water, add salt. Then throw in my oats while stirring. I spoon off the initial rafting. Turn off the burner, put a top on the pot and leave it on the stove over night. In the morning I add vanilla, dates and a little honey. I also do currents and cinnamon. :p

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I usually do the cooking for fancy meals and then my wife and I split the weekly meal schedule. We're recently married and still working out our schedules. (She is in a full-time physical therapy doctorate program and I work night shift 7-7.)

But, when I proposed to her I made a shrimp and scampi Linguini with a homemade alfredo sauce. I also made a spinach salad with dried cranberries, croutons, almonds, and a homemade strawberry wine vinaigrette.

Unfortunately, no pictures of the above...I didn't have the foresight to take a picture...I was a little nervous...I hadn't proposed yet...

I also bake some and have made these; Luscious Lemon Bars. I don't have any current pictures but here is the picture from the recipe book.

View attachment 46958

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
This thread is brutal.

The wife makes dinner during the week. I'm in charge of juicing and weekend breakfast. We don't really bake. I'll have to get some pics and share in the game of "You're gettttinnnnggggg huuuuunggggrrrryyyyy"

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Oooooh buddy

My chili- for two lbs meat: one bag of Williams tex mex seasoning. One can dark red kidney beans/1 can red beans. 2 cans of drained rotel. Add in some jalapeño ketchup. Brown the meat- bigger chunks the better and season with cayenne powder and black pepper. Mix together bring to boil then let simmer
2EEE054F-CE03-4637-9315-DEB5891FABDD-4124-000003471166BDC7_zps66b8073b.jpg

Beer brats
6 beers or just enough to submerge the brats
- 3 shocktop raspberry wheat beers
- boulevard wheat beers
- seasoned salt
- black pepper
- diced red pepper flakes
- parsley
- diced fresh red onion
-keep in bath overnight
- cook on low til brats are cloudy white, remove from bath and grill to your liking. Keep the bath on low heat and let the brats sit in the bath after grilling for a minute or two to soften the charring
A3857EC7-8A9E-48AE-868F-5C73E17155E3-4124-000003471C74E68F_zps55e352e4.jpg

Zatarans Spanish rice mix and grilled chicken
3C37B320-EBF9-48F8-B708-E147675D47A2-4124-0000034714FEE084_zps269fbd69.jpg

And steaks with mashed taters
597A71ED-09F0-4876-BC16-C97D609D06FB-4124-0000034721DC46E6_zpsf20712a1.jpg

I love food

looks awesome, is this all in 1 night?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea for a thread Eric :thumbup:

I do most of the cooking at home, although my wife does most of the baking (apart from the occasional quiche or cake I make).

Love pulled pork last time we ate it with soft tortilla's :drool:

Unfortunately I don't do as much proper cooking as I used to but this is due to kids who are fussy eaters, and they also have different tastes, which tends to restrict the variation of foods :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great idea for a thread Eric :thumbup:

I do most of the cooking at home, although my wife does most of the baking (apart from the occasional quiche or cake I make).

Love pulled pork last time we ate it with soft tortilla's :drool:

Unfortunately I don't do as much proper cooking as I used to but this is due to kids who are fussy eaters, and they also have different tastes, which tends to restrict the variation of foods :(
Yeah, it's not like the old days is it mate, when Mum would serve you what you hadn't eaten at the last meal. I remember getting my lunch three meal times in a row lol.

neil

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah! Sometimes when They have them at Whole Foods Market, we get bangers and I make bangers n mash. I make the smashed taters with garlic and we also have cooked cabbage with it. Gotta have a :iconbeer:with it! Yum! :drool:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah! Sometimes when They have them at Whole Foods Market, we get bangers and I make bangers n mash. I make the smashed taters with garlic and we also have cooked cabbage with it. Gotta have a :iconbeer:with it! Yum! :drool:

Oh man.. that sounds SO good! I grew up in Soviet Lativa.. potatoes were on the menu every day.. sometimes 2-3 times a day. You'd think I'be sick of them, but somehow I LOVE them.. particularly with garlic!

In Soviet Latvia, potato eat YOU!

Potato_Monster_3_by_Brokenopenseed.jpg

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad to say, this pretty much sum's up my cooking/baking abilites:

images

:(

Rest of your guy's cooking/baking looks great though, makin' me hungry! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I present to you, "Arroz con Pollo" :D

Pic%2520008.jpg

And these are my garbonzo beans (chick peas) , one pound, soaking over night. Tomorrow I will cook them and make Sun Dried Tomato Hummus. We will use it in large flour tortillas where it will be wrapped with finely chopped curly parsley, freshly chopped cucumber and tomato with a lemon juice and olive oil dressing. Add a little oregano and salt.:rockon:

I think the FZ6-forum is going to need a new food section! LOL!

Pic%2520003.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I do my steel cut oats the night before I go to bed. I boil water, add salt. Then throw in my oats while stirring. I spoon off the initial rafting. Turn off the burner, put a top on the pot and leave it on the stove over night. In the morning I add vanilla, dates and a little honey. I also do currents and cinnamon. :p

Thanks for the idea and inspiration, Cliff!

Today's breakfast: Steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon, nutmeg, golden raisins and honey :D

scoatmeal.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cooking may replace music soon as my #1 Passion. I especially love making chinese, italian (including homemade pasta) chili and barbeque.
A couple summers ago I bought a couple new ceramic grill/smokers, called the Big Green Eggs. You can smoke a butt @ 220F for 24 hours, or bring it up to 900 for neapolitan-style pizzas or REAL stir-frying! Here's a couple recent cooks:

Beef-Kale stirfry:
Kale-Beefstirfry_zpsc9c4cd98.jpg

Roast clucker:
_DSC0034-1.jpg

Wokking setup:
_DSC0029-1.jpg

Smoked meatloaf!
_DSC0026.jpg

Pizza setup:
_DSC0004.jpg

Ribs!
_DSC0041.jpg