Attn: Two Brothers Exhaust!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
So this thread is for all you have that have Two-Brothers or are looking into getting a two brothers exhaust.

Some of you have seen pictures that I have posted of my friend's GSX-R 600. He has a Two-Bro's pipe on there and it is pretty darn loud. Recently he got ahold of the P1 powertip and that helped the sound of the pipe dramaticly. I posted pictures of how that looked as well. Well we pulled the exhaust that time we noticed how crappy the packing is from two-bros.

Basicly all they did was take a peice of packing and roll it over once and threw it in there. The packing did not fill in all the voids of the pipe! So today Josh purchased some FMF 4-stoke packing. One full bag didn't quite fill up the can so we had to take some off the old packing and tear it apart to finish it up. He sat there for an hour or so with a large philips head screwdriver packing the packing into the can as much as he could.

The results were amazing! The pipe is soo much quieter at idle and once he hit the throttle it comes alive and sounds much cleaner and crisper. It doesn't sound like a 600 at all! Much throater!

So for all you guys getting two-bros or those at are looking into it. Keep this in mind. Two-Bro's recommends that your replace the packing every 5000 miles or, Josh has about 7000 and it was in decent shape however there just wasnt enough packing in there. It took one large bag of FMF packing for that short can, so to do 2 large cans for our bikes I would imagine would take 3 bags maybe even 4.

Just so you know!

Have a good weekend guys!

-bryan

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Where would one purchase this FMF packing? I have my two bros on order right now.

Additionally, it is known that the CF on these cans tends to fade. Upon consulting with the people at 2bros, they state it is due to people not repacking their cans at the stated interval, thus leading to excessive heat buildup in the cans.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where would one purchase this FMF packing? I have my two bros on order right now.

Additionally, it is known that the CF on these cans tends to fade. Upon consulting with the people at 2bros, they state it is due to people not repacking their cans at the stated interval, thus leading to excessive heat buildup in the cans.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but from what I understand regariding the fading of the carbon pipes is not from the heat build up, but from the resin itself. The resin, that is used to make your pipes black, fade overtime from the exposure of direct sunlight. The acceleration of the fading depends on the quality of the resin used by the manufacturer. Some will fade faster than others. But no matter who you buy it from, if it's exposed to sunlight, they will all fade. That's why carbon pipes are not recommended in areas with a lot of sunlight, such as Las Vegas.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to dissapoint you, but from what I understand regariding the fading of the carbon pipes is not from the heat build up, but from the resin itself. The resin, that is used to make your pipes black, fade overtime from the exposure of direct sunlight. The acceleration of the fading depends on the quality of the resin used by the manufacturer. Some will fade faster than others. But no matter who you buy it from, if it's exposed to sunlight, they will all fade. That's why carbon pipes are not recommended in areas with a lot of sunlight, such as Las Vegas.

Well i guess I'll find out soon enough, since I'm in Sunny Southern California. My understanding is that it was the packing. All materials will fade with direct sunlight, so there is no doubt about that. These pipes tend to faid especially fast, which they attribute at 2Bros from the lack of re-packing. I will routinely re-pack every 5k as I do oil changes at the same interval and will keep you all posted on color-changes.