Speed sensor ABS

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
I am trying to mount a GIpro but I cant seem to find the speed sensor. I have an 2007 S2 with ABS. Will there be an speed sensor or is it the ABS unit that sends the signal? Anybody who perhaps can post a picture how to find it? :BLAA:

---------------------------------------------
Update:
I seem to have found on the electric diagram that there is a yellow/white cable that goes from the ABS unit to the ECU. On the intstructions of how to install the GIpro on a motorcycle that do have ABS it says that you should connect on this cable...
The FZ6 ABS does not have any special speed sensor, it is the ABS unit that controls this...now I just have to find the right cable to connect...

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I am trying to mount a GIpro but I cant seem to find the speed sensor. I have an 2007 S2 with ABS. Will there be an speed sensor or is it the ABS unit that sends the signal? Anybody who perhaps can post a picture how to find it? :BLAA:

Here you go :thumbup:

Speed senor

Grtz,

Degake

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well it is not as simple as that...
The FZ6 ABS does not have any special speed sensor, it is the ABS unit that controls this...now I just have to find the right cable to connect...
I seem to have found on the electric diagram that there is a yellow/white cable that goes from the ABS unit to the ECU. On the intstructions of how to install the GIpro on a motorcycle that do have ABS it says that you should connect on this cable...my question is where it is...:eek:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is not as simple as that...
I seem to have found on the electric diagram that there is a yellow/white cable that goes from the ABS unit to the ECU. On the intstructions of how to install the GIpro on a motorcycle that do have ABS it says that you should connect on this cable...my question is where it is...:eek:

There must be a unit that the 2 sensors send the speed signal from each wheel to. This is where I would look for the plug with the color coded wires you are describing. I don't have a schematic for the ABS FZ6 so I'm sorry I can't help but let me see if I can find a micro fiche at Ron Ayers.com and get back to you. :D

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
There must be a unit that the 2 sensors send the speed signal from each wheel to. This is where I would look for the plug with the color coded wires you are describing. I don't have a schematic for the ABS FZ6 so I'm sorry I can't help but let me see if I can find a micro fiche at Ron Ayers.com and get back to you. :D

Cliff,

Here is a link to the ABS version service manual.
The ABS wiring diagram is at page #444

Grtz,

Degake

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff,

Here is a link to the ABS version service manual.
The ABS wiring diagram is at page #444

Grtz,

Degake

Thank you Degake! The PDF loads but I can only view the cover page. Tried saving it and I get a corrupt message...:(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I figured out, the question is if it is the right cable?

That looks like the wire between the ABS ECU and Bike ECM/ECU

Degake helped out getting me the info I needed. The ABS ECU #17 on the PDF should have the speedo output to the bike ECU.

See attached:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Finally got it sorted out with help from Healtech!
This is the install info for Yamaha ABS bikes, using the GPX-U01 harness kit.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Remove the seat and find the ECU connector.
2) Splice the Red GPX wire to any +12V switched power lead, e.g. to the Red/White wire at the ECU connector.
3) Splice the Black GPX wire to chassis ground, or the negative battery terminal.
4) Splice the White GPX wire to the White/Yellow (speed signal) wire at the ECU connector.
5) Splice the Green GPX wire to the Gray (crankshaft sensor signal) wire at the ECU connector.

Se the attached wiring diagram (I have marked the cables with a red dot) :Flash:

fgbrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Cribbe,
It's a while ago you did the trick. I'm trying the same. Before I dissasamble the bike: Is the ECU easy to reach?
Thanks in advance.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the schematic for an ABS equipped bike, the post by Cribbe looks accurate as far as colors go.

Please keep in mind that if these connections are compromised, you'll be walking. Do not jeopardize the integrity of the CPS wire ( grey wire )!

Thanks Martin.

Here is the source of those pictures.... Bike P o r n

lc59

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
I'm trying to connect a gear indicator on my fz6 s2 abs and I wan't to know if somebody have the picture of cribbe with the cables marked with a red dot.

Sorry for my english, I'm french

CB1000R

Reaction score
Visit site
Salut,
Tu as trouvé comment faire ? J'aimerais bien avoir les photos stp

Hi,
Did you found the pictures?