FZ6 and tall ppl

Turd Furguson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone !! I have been nosing around here a while and like that atmosphere. :) So I decided to register.:Lurking:

Anyways, I am a tall man. I stand at 6' 6". So my questions is, does anyone see any issues that I should be aware of if I was to buy a FZ6? I sat on a used 05' that someone was selling and I seen absolutely no issues with how it felt. Legs and arms were not cramped. I have a 38" inseam.

The guy is asking $3900 for it and it has 3200 miles on it. Only mods are a throttle lock.

Now I have never rode a bike before, but this one feels like a baseball glove to me when I sit on it. The SV650 felt odd as well as other types. The only comparable bike would be the V-strom since it sits higher.

I am a noob to motorcycles so please share the wealth.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'7" and the only issues I had with the stock bike were (1) that the handlebars were a bit too far away and I had to reach for them (which caused sore shoulders). I fixed that by installing some sw-motech handlebar offsets. (2)I also found the stock seat a little uncomfortable, mainly because I couldn't get far enough back from the tank. I fixed that one too. Both of these issues were really only problems on long rides and are easily written off as individual tolerance/comfort level. Stock, I was perfectly comfortable on the bike for about 30 minutes, much more than that and different parts started to ache. If you are going to do much touring, I'd recommend getting a new saddle and adding the bar-risers.

goran21220

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'5" and i have no problem with comfort.It gets little uncomfortable once you go over 70 mph cause wind is hitting directly to your face .It's not a big problem once you get use to it.I'm about to order a puig windscreen which is little taller so that will help too. I'm on my bike 2-3 hours every day and i never got tired after riding for so long.It's kinda aquard to shift gears while you tucked against the gas tank in hi speeds but i figured you'll have the same problem on any other bike so... They're just not made for tall people!!!Hope this was helpfull.

Turd Furguson

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent news. Just what I was looking for. Time to head to the bank tomorrow to take out a small loan pending on what my paycheck looks like in the morning. Then off to buy this thing. :D :Sport:

On a side note shaggy, do you have any recommended internet site to purchase gear at? Being tall makes searching a very time consuming process.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
HA, the true curse of being tall....finding clothes that fit.

newenough.com has tall sizes in some things. Motorcyclecloseouts.com is a little better. Be forewarned, all tall sizes only come in one color, black. It gets pretty annoying after a while, but that's just the luck of the draw. Good luck man and enjoy.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I can attest that shagg is a giant of a man. A very cool and civilized man at that, but dang dude, is the air really thin up there? LOL :Flip:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
well, i am not tall, so no advice there, but welcome to the forum anyway, and i absolutely died when i saw your screen name :) hehe

moo cow

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm not quite as tall as you, 6'3", but i don't have any issues at all. i do sometimes stretch my legs out in front of me on longer rides. but i'd do that on any bike.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im almost as tall as you are and the fz 6 fits better than any bike ive ever sat on that qualifies as "fairly sporty" excluding supersport bikes and excluding the VFR800 (my dream bike).

foot positioning was what finally made me settle on the fz6 over some of the other bikes iw as looking at as shifter sits so perfectly for the angle my leg makes when feet on pegs in comfortable position

Turd Furguson

Reaction score
Visit site
Doh. Went to contact the seller of the bike and someone has dropped the hint that they be buying it. And I was only 40 minutes late. If only work hadn't held me over. :mad:

So I am second in line.

But I let him know that I was paying cash and to let me know where to meet him. :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i hope you get it, maybe cash is incentive enough to screw someone else over...i need your screen name to stick around... it is the best on here...

Turd Furguson

Reaction score
Visit site
Well the guy sold the bike to someone else today so I am out of luck. There is another one just like it F/S at the shop, but it looks like it has had a rough 1200 miles on it. The guy whom is selling it sounded like the type who gave it hell those entire miles too.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
i hope you get it, maybe cash is incentive enough to screw someone else over...i need your screen name to stick around... it is the best on here...

Just so you know, I was the other guy who you were telling him to screw over:spank:

But its all good, that guy didn't buy the other one that was there, and he was right it looked like it had been rode pretty hard.

Maybe I should change my name to Turd Furguson2;)